Multiple OS, one domain, one hostname

Post by Harminder S. Vird » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:30:38

Hi,

I would like to find out if it is possible for me to have
a machine with multiple OS, say WinNT 4.0 and Win2000, join
a Samba domain with ONE hostname.

If anybody has done this could you please let me know,
via e-mail, as I do not check this newsgroup often these
days.

Thanks in advance...
-- Harminder

1. Can one have multiple drivers attached to one printer?

We need to monopolize a printer on intermittent basis to prevent printing,
say, a letter on a prenumbered check. So, I have setup two identical
printers with different names and connected to one LPT port. The idea was to
grant accounting the right to suspend the primary printer and use the
password protected clone.  It seems to work. BUT! Every once in a while a
W98 workstation printer go off-line for no reason?!?!  It occurs with no
rime or reason on random workstations at the moment when a user sends
something to be printed. Any ideas?

2. Public apology from SW Corp for releasing betaware.

3. mapping one inbound message to multiple output messages: 'one-to-many' behavior

4. How to monitor data on an active port?

5. 2 SBS 2000 Servers (one DC, one MS) on one network

6. FS: NEC 3D Monitor

7. using more than one domain for one exchange server

8. Modem over international long distance connection

9. turn of cache for one user and/or on one domain?

10. More than one SMS Site in one Domain?

11. Multiple Domains running on one server

12. multiple email domains on one server

13. Security Policies: one group, multiple machines, but not whole domain