Access Denied to Printers

Post by Andrew Perrin - Demograph » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Greetings-

We just installed Samba under SunOS 4.1.3, and we're testing it as an
alternative to using PC-NFS for our Windows and NT users.  File sharing
stuff seems to work (generally) pretty well, but I can't get printing to
work at all.  I set up the existing printer dp1 with the following
setup:

[dp1]
        path = /var/spool/dp1
        read only = true
        printable = true
        guest ok = yes
        user = aperrin
        guest account = nobody

When I connect using smbclient, I can connect okay, but when I try using
print, I get:

smb: \> print mksmbpasswd.sh
ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.) opening printer for mksmbpasswd.sh

When I connect from WfWG, Print Manager adds the printer but says
"ERROR" and the error message reads Invalid Password.

From my reading of smb.conf, since I made it public I ought to be able
to connect using *any* password, correct?  Furthermore, since I used the
correct password for myself, even if guest access isn't working I ought
to be able to connect okay.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Andrew Perrin
Demography, UC Berkeley

Access Denied to Printers

Post by John Luc » Fri, 22 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Greetings-

>We just installed Samba under SunOS 4.1.3, and we're testing it as an
>alternative to using PC-NFS for our Windows and NT users.  File sharing
>stuff seems to work (generally) pretty well, but I can't get printing to
>work at all.  I set up the existing printer dp1 with the following
>setup:

>[dp1]
>        path = /var/spool/dp1
>        read only = true
>        printable = true
>        guest ok = yes
>        user = aperrin
>        guest account = nobody

>When I connect using smbclient, I can connect okay, but when I try using
>print, I get:

>smb: \> print mksmbpasswd.sh
>ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.) opening printer for mksmbpasswd.sh

>When I connect from WfWG, Print Manager adds the printer but says
>"ERROR" and the error message reads Invalid Password.

>From my reading of smb.conf, since I made it public I ought to be able
>to connect using *any* password, correct?  Furthermore, since I used the
>correct password for myself, even if guest access isn't working I ought
>to be able to connect okay.

>Any ideas?

Yes. I think you forgot one important line in configuring [dp1], the "printer
= " assignment. There is no printer defined here. It needs to match an entry
in your /etc/printcap file.

| Academic Computing                   NIC Handle: JL423  |
| University of the * Islands        (809) 693-1216  |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802     http://www.veryComputer.com/|

1. RPC, access DENIED for printer open (W2KSP2,SAMBA2.2.2,CUPS)

Hello,

I'm trying to access a Printer (CUPS 1.1.6) via Samba (2.2.2) from a
Windows 2000 Client (SP2).

Using the Administrator-account, everything works fine.
As "normal" user, I can print a testpage (from the Printer-Options),
using other programs (MS Word, Netscape, IE) printing fails.

The log (level 3) states the following:

[2001/12/16 18:42:02, 3] lib/util_seaccess.c:se_access_check(246)
  se_access_check: also S-1-5-11
[2001/12/16 18:42:02, 3]
rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:_spoolss_open_printer_ex(829)
  access DENIED for printer open
[2001/12/16 18:42:02, 3] rpc_server/srv_lsa_hnd.c:close_policy_hnd(186)
  Closed policy

From my smb.conf:

        printing = cups
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        load printers = Yes

[print$]
    path = /var/lib/samba/printers
    guest ok = yes
    browseable = yes
    read only = yes

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/tmp
        create mask = 0600
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No
        guest ok = Yes

If I test it from linux with

everything is fine.

Any Idea?

Greetings,

Sven

2. QUESTION - Viruses & Shrinkit

3. Printer - Access Denied

4. Acquire Warp 4 through SWC -- YES!!

5. Access Denied - DOS Printing to Network Printers

6. OS/2 and Framework III for DOS, no subdirs on floppies...

7. Printer status is always "Access denied"

8. Another M02 bug (SRX 010919605263)

9. Samba printer -> Access denied, unable to connect

10. 2.2.5, Sol 2.8, W2k - Printers...Status: Access Denied unable to connect - ??

11. Printer status: access denied

12. "Access is Denied" when trying to connect to printer, etc.

13. Samba on F'BSD 2.2.6; NT Server+SP6 clients; printer access denied