HELP! Setting up Samba

Post by Overlor » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a RedHat Linux 6.1 running samba. When I go from the Win98 machine in
NetworkNeighborhood, and click on my server name to see a list of shares, I
get the error message, "\\<server name> is not accessible.  The specified
computer did not recieve your request. Try again later.".

Hate to be vague, but wtf does that mean and how can I fix it?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

HELP! Setting up Samba

Post by Adam H » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Having the same problem myself. I've reformatted, and re-installed RH 6.1
numerous times
now, and the closest I've came to is having the ability to see it if I type
in the IP address.
But even this works on and off, and then the client machines (win95/98) end
up disconnecting
or locking up.

However, I have noticed that if I go into linuxconf, and change some
parameters, they do not
update everything in the smb.conf file. I'm wondering if this is some kind
of bug...

Dd you have any success in the end?

Thanks & Regards

Adam

Quote:> I have a RedHat Linux 6.1 running samba. When I go from the Win98 machine
in
> NetworkNeighborhood, and click on my server name to see a list of shares,
> get the error message, "\\<server name> is not accessible.  The specified
> computer did not recieve your request. Try again later.".

> Hate to be vague, but wtf does that mean and how can I fix it?

> Any help appreciated, thanks!

1. How do I get the UPS service set up?

Hi,
I'm looking for some help on how I can set up Windows NT to show messages or
carry out functions when the UPS sends a signal at loss of power.  Our SBS
server is currently hooked up to the server through a serial cable from the
UPS to the server.

Our UPS is a Pulsar EL 7 from MGE: UPS Systems.  If it matters, the pin-out
is as follows:
1 - Ground
2 - Not Used
3 - Remote Shutdown (+5v to +12V)
4 - Normal Operation (normally closed, 0V)
5 - Common (0V)
6 - Not Used
7 - Low Battery Warning (normally open, 0V)
8 - Not Used
9 - Operation on Battery (normally open, 0V)

Currently, I have the UPS service running, and it is set to COM 2 as our
modem is on COM 1.  I checked all the boxes (Power Failure Signal, Low
Battery Signal, Remote UPS Shutdown) and set the voltages to Positive.  I
set the delay values at 5 seconds each (before 1st message, between
messages), and yet if I unplug the UPS, nothing happens?!

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanx for any help.

Tyler McEwan

ICQ: 30222036

2. OS/2 WARP

3. UPS shutdown problems - help.

4. 1902 COnversion

5. HELP...UPS....

6. RAS Problem - Windows 2000 Server

7. need help on setting up samba and win95

8. bivariate normal integral

9. HELP: setting up Samba server in win2k domain

10. need help setting up samba in redhat 5

11. Need help setting up Samba with NT 3.1

12. NEED HELP SETTING UP SAMBA!