Problems printing from an XP box

Post by Troy » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 01:31:30

Hello,
Having problems printing from an xp box to a freebsd 4.5 box running
samba 2.2.3a.  I can successfully print from one xp box, but from the
other I keep getting this message:

Apr  3 23:14:52 fbsd /kernel: pid 379 (smbd), uid 1000: exited on signal
6

the uid changes to whatever user I change the guest user to.  I can
print from the directory that is used for printing on the freebsd box
via that user but not from the xp box.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy

1. Samba printing to XP Pro Print Server

I am talking both ways between my XP and Linux box.  Share files and all.

When it comes to printing a test page, it appears to send info to XP box,
but nothing happens.  I am running Cups as print service.  I had all working
on MDK 9.0, but when I loaded 9.1, printing didn't work.

Linux is MDK 9.1
Samba 2.2.7a

Thanks,
ayrton

2. reconnect client computer

3. Win XP Pro, Samba, RD 8.0, Okidata OL400e print quality problem

4. Advantages of OO languages over procedural ones on large sw projects????

5. Windows XP printing problems

6. V850 Developing Tools

7. Terminal Service btwn XP Client > SBS Box

8. SB16-MCD, Sony CD33A and DOS

9. Share an XP Printer with Win98 boxes on SBS2000 network

10. FILE LOCKING PROBLEMS WITH WIN XP SP1/ WIN2K SP3 ON THE SERVER AND OFFICE XP FILES

11. XP doesn't want to play nice in the sand box!

12. E-mail won't work on XP box