Samba 2.2.1a PDC and Win2k Server

Post by Sascha Haup » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 19:53:38

i tryed to join our Samba-Domain with a Client running Win2k Server, but
it won't work. With a normal Win2k Professional joining dosn't made any
Problems.

Here is the Error Message of the Win2kServer-Machine (Is the German
release of Win2k):

Die Prozeduranzahl liegt au?erhalb des erlaubten Bereiches

I found nothing in the log-files on my Linux/Samba machine. We running
Samba 2.2.1a on SuSE 7.0 (Kernel 2.2.19) i386.

I hope threre's anybody out there who can help me.

bfn

Sascha Haupt

Post by Rob MacGrego » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 15:37:03

> i tryed to join our Samba-Domain with a Client running Win2k Server, but
> it won't work. With a normal Win2k Professional joining dosn't made any
> Problems.

> Here is the Error Message of the Win2kServer-Machine (Is the German
> release of Win2k):

> Die Prozeduranzahl liegt au?erhalb des erlaubten Bereiches

> I found nothing in the log-files on my Linux/Samba machine. We running
> Samba 2.2.1a on SuSE 7.0 (Kernel 2.2.19) i386.

> I hope threre's anybody out there who can help me.

Well, sadly I can't translate the error message to work out what it says
:-)  However, if the server is SP2 then you need to upgrade to samba 2.2.3a.

--
  Rob MacGregor (MCSE)
      The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming dragon.

Question intelligently: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html