SAMBA and IBM OS/2 (help for novice)

Post by Fair p » Sun, 22 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

Did anybody managed to make RFC/NetBEUI to operate under OS/2 ?

I read MPTS configurationn guide, configured NetBIOS over TCP/IP
and normal NetBIOS over the same adapter. Now it's possible to
see another OS/2 PC on the LAN segment, however UNIX PC running
SAMBA is not visiable. smbclient reports:

        /usr/local/bin > smbclient -L os2srv.auxilium.lv -U USERID
        Session request failed (0,0) with myname=ANGEL destname=OS2SRV
        Unspecified error 0x0
        Your server software is being unfriendly
        /usr/local/bin > host os2srv
        os2srv.auxilium.lv has address 194.8.32.10
        os2srv.auxilium.lv mail is handled (pri=100) by angel.auxilium.lv
        /usr/local/bin >

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Dima.

1. OS/2, IBM's TCP/IP and Samba - Can it be done

Has anyone got OS/2 TCP/IP v2 working with Samba ?

I have the full TCP/IP v2 which works fine but I want to access a Samba server.

I have tried using MS Client following the os2net.faq which works fine if I use
the MS TCP/IP stack. But how do I get it to use IBM TCP/IP ? The FAQ says
get MS Client working but don't choose MS TCP (but I don't I need a TCP/IP
transport to access the Samba server?).

2. Mens NO.1 health issue

3. Novice needs help with SAMBA!

4. VS/VC++6.0 - Build often hangs

5. SMS and IBM LAN Server (OS/2 Warp Server 4) - Login Script

6. Help in dial to ISP..

7. MS lanman client with IBM TCP/IP for OS/2 problems...

8. sfront version 0.71 3/29/01 released

9. Now that I have SAMBA, how do I have OS view other OS's files.

10. help needed with Samba on Mac OS 10.2

11. OS X, Win XP and Samba--help!

12. Help with Samba and Win2k/Mac OS X

13. help: os/2 can't connect to samba server