Sharing printer on SAMBA

Post by Mordech » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:07:38

Hello all.
I have SAMBA 2.2.7a running on RedHat 9.
I want to share a printer with Windows users , I want that the driver
will be downloaded automatically from the Linux server to the Windows
client , so that the users will not be ask to provide a valid driver
for the printer , the printer will install automatically on the
Windows machine.
Thanks in advanced.

Sharing printer on SAMBA

Post by Rémy CLAVERI » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:43:59

Mordechai a crit :

Quote:> Hello all.
> I have SAMBA 2.2.7a running on RedHat 9.
> I want to share a printer with Windows users , I want that the driver
> will be downloaded automatically from the Linux server to the Windows
> client , so that the users will not be ask to provide a valid driver
> for the printer , the printer will install automatically on the
> Windows machine.
> Thanks in advanced.

And  I want a beer

--
Rmy CLAVERIE
Cesium - Universit de Metz

Sharing printer on SAMBA

Post by I R A Darth Agg » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:35:21

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:43:59 +0200,

+>
+>
+> Mordechai a crit :
+>
+> > Hello all.
+> > I have SAMBA 2.2.7a running on RedHat 9.
+> > I want to share a printer with Windows users , I want that the driver
+> > will be downloaded automatically from the Linux server to the Windows
+> > client , so that the users will not be ask to provide a valid driver
+> > for the printer , the printer will install automatically on the
+> > Windows machine.
+> > Thanks in advanced.
+>
+> And  I want a beer

I'll settle for some good sippin' single malt scotch, if you'll be so
kind...

James
isn't looking good, either.