what next for newbie

Post by dav » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:34:16

Hi any tips or advice would be appreciated. I don't know where to
start.

-network is 2 win2k boxes and one newly installed linux box.(mandrake
8.2)

-set up the hosts file on each box and all boxes can ping each other.

-samba-client and samba-common on linux box.(rpm -qa | grep samb)

-type smb://hostname/export,using Konquerer, and a dialog box asking
for user, password that I can't make work comes up.

-from the linux box I can cause popups on the win boxes with the
 smbclient -L hostname command.

Thanks,
dave

what next for newbie

Post by Robert Myer » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 23:24:25

> -type smb://hostname/export,using Konquerer, and a dialog box asking
> for user, password that I can't make work comes up.

Probably you need to switch to passwords=encrypted in samba.conf.