How to share Win95 printer drivers for auto-install

How to share Win95 printer drivers for auto-install

Post by Stuart Henderso » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

If you want Win95 clients to be able to automatically install printer
drivers, copy the \windows\system directory of a system with the
relevant drivers installed to a share on the samba machine and call it
printer$.

Post by Michael Mehlhor » Sat, 08 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> If you want Win95 clients to be able to automatically install printer
> drivers, copy the \windows\system directory of a system with the
> relevant drivers installed to a share on the samba machine and call it
> printer$.

Sorry for my question, but do you realy test it with a win95 box which
hasn't this printerdrivers installed?
I have made some tests with Samba 1.9.16 with no success.
How do Win95 know about the driver files needed when it is a very new
printer (for example HP DeskJet 890)?
There must be some mechanism to tell Win95 which driver files to take.
Which Samba version do you use?
--
Michael Mehlhorn       H  O  WO  H     O  WO      Hoffmann & Wolter GmbH
TEL +49-2324-509012    HOWO H  O  W O H  O  W     Werksstr. 9

1. Install fax driver (as a printer) on Win95

Hi,

I'm desperately looking for how to install the FAX on a win95 client, as if
it was a printer.

I did that quite simply on WinNT workstations, simply by adding a networked
printer.

But if i try the same operation on Win95, it prompts me for Win95 drivers,
which i don't have, nd which I don't know where to find.

I also tried to install the Win95 drivers on the NT Server, but it doesn't
work either.

The only thing i've been able to do is to install the client fax utility on
Win95, but for example, if I want to fax a WinWord document from win95, I
still don't have the correct fax printer installed :-(

I'm clueless, if anyone solved that problem before, i'd be grateful to have
some informations !

Thanks in advance

Fred

--
Fdric LE BASTARD

STRATHOM Informatique - NANTES
== Enlevez le "pasdepub" pour me rpondre

2. Secure Email

3. PRINTER DRIVER (SHARE) W2k Server shared to Win98 Client

4. POV users... read this!

5. Shared Printer Problem- Win95 Flat Share Disk

6. ?Dragon ball hiperdimension ?

7. raw (binary win95 printer driver) printing gives gibberish

8. WIN95 ostscript printer driver

9. How does win95 get *drivers* for network printers.

10. Win printer driver name for GhostScript driver

11. 2 questions: Users shared drive space and the auto client setup, also HP networked printers problem

12. Sharing my printer - need "additional drivers" for W2k server