Win2K/Unix SMB Printing

Post by Tim Daneliu » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:30:05

I have a local workgroup defined which accesses a shared printer hosted on
a Win2K machine.  It works fine, but I end up having to create an account
on Win2K for each user wishing to print. Is there a way to set up an
'anonymous' or group printer share so that all Win32/Unix users could
access the printer on a given subnet w/o having to explictly name
each user on the printer server?

TIA,
Tim Daneliuk

1. Win2K printing to SaMBa Print Server

We have a RedHat 7.2 box running the latest version od SaMBa and are having
problems with the "advanced printing features" in Win2K clients.

I have two printers setup on a Win2K box, one directly printing to an HP
JetDirect card and another going through the SaMBa/Linux box.  On the
advanced tab of the printer properties, even though I have chosen "Enable
Advnced Printing Features", the printer that is using the SaMBa/Linux box
does not appear to be using that setting.  It is "checked", however, when I
view both printer system settings, that feature is not present on the
SaMBa/Linux box.

I looked through the posts here and I didn't see an answer, I apologize if
it has been addressed already, but can anyone help!!!!!

Thanks,

Mike
Georgia Tech Research Institute

2. ip local pool not releasing addresses

3. Printing to WinNT and Win2K - print driver support yet?

4. Zyxel ZFAX3.0?

5. direct print from netscape in unix machine to printer via win95 print server???

6. Two classes problem...

7. Syntax SMB print blotto - Win95/8 attempts @ print svc.

8. Arj Files

9. unix user have no permission to enter but can read/write in win2k client

10. Getting unix ownership on win2k shared folder

11. Newbie Questions Win2K serving to Unix.

12. smb/win2K/broadband questions...

13. win2k client can't logon to smb-domain