Samba 3.0 Beta 1 To Replace Windows NT 4 SP6a BDC -> I have some problems ... HELP ...

Samba 3.0 Beta 1 To Replace Windows NT 4 SP6a BDC -> I have some problems ... HELP ...

Post by Denis Tamagn » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:08:48

I 'm administrator and I have a domain with 1400 PC under Wnt and W2K,
6 sites with 1 BDC on each with NT4 SP6a,a PDC with NT4 SP6a
I try to replace NT Domain by Samba 3.0.

At this point, I have a real problem : On 1 site, with 170PC
(connected  with 44Mbps) I have replaced the NT BDC by Linux Samba BDC
: I make sometimes ./net RPC vampire to synchronise with the "real NT
Domain".
It works fine during 2 weeks and yesterday, all the machines in this
site refuse to connect to domain.

Now I have stopped Samba and restarted the NT BDC.

It's the same for all the 170 PCs
The only way is to push PCs outside the domain and remounted it onto
the domain.
Moreover I have on the PDC in Event log this message :
The session setup from the computer NOMPC failed to authenticate. The
name of the account referenced in the security database is NOMPC$.
The following error occurred:
Access is denied.

All the SID accounts of the 170 computers on the domain seems to be
corrupted.

Has nobody an Idea ???

1. Having Problems Accesing Samba with Win 2000 beta

Hi All !

A have problems accessing my samba server with my new Windows 200 Client.
With my old Client (Win-NT 4 with SP 4) it worked fine.
Password Encryption is enabled on the Samba server !

Connecting to the Samba Server with net use z: \\samba\share works and
searching the computer with the serach option without problems.

But browsing with "Network Neighborhood" would not work anyway when
accessing an error dialog is displayed.

Also I have problems using non ASCII characters in filenames, they would be
displayed right but files can not be started, copied or deleted anymore.
ASCII characters in filenames are displayed correctly and files are
accesable.

Hope anyone can Help !

Thanks

Faser

2. Differnces btw Oracle Rdb & Oracle7

3. Linux (Red Hat 5.0) Samba 1.9.17p4 & Windows NT 4.0 Svc Pak 3.0

4. Images problem in list control?

5. Using Samba with VMware 3.0(beta)

6. Table of Contents

7. Printing NT w/s > NT srv > Unix > Lexmark

8. Is my router suddenly freaking out ?

9. nsf server <-- nfs mount --> samba server <--> nt server --> iss webserver

10. Samba Slow c/w NT->NT and PC->PC-NFS

11. PLEASE HELP Samba -> NT Password problem!

12. Completely or partially replacing a Windows NT PDC with Samba 2 - how to do user security?

13. Help - can't get NT stations configured and having tons of problems