Summary Tab missing on all non-Microsoft files on Linux/Samba

Summary Tab missing on all non-Microsoft files on Linux/Samba

Post by Crai » Sat, 31 May 2003 04:43:58

We discovered this problem after switching our network file server
from NT to Linux. All of the Microsoft files that were copied over
retained their Summary Tab information. All non-Microsoft files did
not. It is apparently the way that Samba stores and displays the files
since I can copy a file from the server to  my Windows 2000 machine
and the Summary Tab once again becomes available but the informaiton
that had been added to it has vanished. Any clues?