Samba & Linux RH52 --- NT & Access

Post by Andrei Safono » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

When MS Access 7.0 opens large (20Mb) database from network drive on Samba
Linux happens in MS Access error : "Disk or network error". At this time
SMBSTATUS inform no open files from client side.
Small databases are seems to be working.

Tested database is our company working database and we are using it from MS
NT server without any problems.

Regards,
Andrei Safonov

Samba & Linux RH52 --- NT & Access

Post by alvi » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Please also send answers here for all to share.

>When MS Access 7.0 opens large (20Mb) database from network drive on Samba
>Linux happens in MS Access error : "Disk or network error". At this time
>SMBSTATUS inform no open files from client side.
>Small databases are seems to be working.

>Tested database is our company working database and we are using it from MS
>NT server without any problems.

>Regards,
>Andrei Safonov

1. SAMBA & LINUX & WfWg 311 & TCPIP 32

HELP!

I'm trying to setup samba on my linux box BUT...I'm obviously
STOOOPID... not only am I unable to get my Xwindows to work but I
can't even setup SAMBA..buhu...

somebody PLEASE point me to a DETAILED SAMBA installation HOWTO or
EVEN tell me how you did it..

BTW: whats best the inetd way or the -D way ????

Per Kristiansen

2. Wierd problem

3. home directories & linux & NT

4. FP 98 Help page

5. SBS & Routing & Remote Access & Sql Server Transfers

6. Quit copying Boid

7. browse problem with win&linux&samba

8. browse problem with windows&linux&samba

9. How To: Authentication with Windows 2000 & Samba & Linux

10. Linux & Samba & Pegasus Opera accounting software anyone done it?

11. linux&samba&win95

12. request timed out && not logged in && session request failed