Help with mount and SMB remote filesystems!

Help with mount and SMB remote filesystems!

Post by Joe Alles » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 05:16:58

Here is the command I am using:

mount -t smbfs //computername/c$ /mnt/mountname -o
workgroup=domainname,username=scripts,password=xxxxxx

The problem is that sometimes it mounts right away and works perfectly,
but other times the command just hangs forever until I interrupt it.
After a umount I attemt to mount it again and the command hangs, however
most of the time it successfully mounts but the command is still
stalled!  Any ideas?  I have tried the commands smbmount, mount.smb, and
mount -t smbfs.  I think it has something to do with the timing of
authentication on the Windows machine after a umount.

thanks

Red Hat 8.0
Kernel 2.4.20-18.9
bash-2.05b-20.1
mount-2.11y-9
samba-2.2.7a-8.9.0

1. mounted smb filesystem crashs

Hello!

I have a problem with samba 2.0.5a under suse 6.2 with kernel 2.2.12.
When I mount a NT-Share (NT Server 4.0 with SP5) with smbmount it will
crash after a while.
I got no error from the kernel (via syslog), but when I do a "ls" or
something I got an input/output error
for that operation.
For first i tried with cron to read every 15 minutes a file from that
share.
But it crashed anyway (about once per day like before).
Then i tried to write every 15 minutes a file and do a sync after that
write.
That worked a little bit more - but it crashed anyway (about once all
four days).
Once it crashed, I have to remount the smb-filesystem, to get it worked.

Does anyone know this behavior????

thanx

Markus

2. IEEE standard documentation

3. How do I mount a Windows "My Documents" dir to alinux smb mount point?

4. sleep mode

5. System hangs when mounting remote SMB-volumes on RH6.1

6. Encrypt Update

7. mounting remote SMB share

8. Mac Upgrades

9. Can Samba Share NFS mounted filesystems?

10. RedHat 7.0: Problem with mounting Win2KSamba shares into my filesystem.

11. mounting pc filesystems

12. How to mount a smbfs filesystem in fstab?