SMB in windows

Post by Deepti Polavara » Sat, 31 May 2003 12:43:47

I have to implement file transfer in windows like ftp using internet
explorer. Could anyone suggest how to start with it and go about it.
Thanks,
Prasad Chowdavarapu

SMB in windows

Post by Nico Kadel-Garci » Sat, 31 May 2003 13:41:38

> I have to implement file transfer in windows like ftp using internet
> explorer. Could anyone suggest how to start with it and go about it.
> Thanks,
> Prasad Chowdavarapu

Your question is unclear. If you need ftp, install an FTP server. If you
need SMB in order to share files from SMB servers such as Samba or
Windows boxes (which use SMB to provide "Shared" directories on their
local networks), then install Samba.

1. Windows XP SP1, SMB, Op lock...

Should I install XP SP1 or not?
Currently only Win98 and WXP without SP1 workstations.
With all the confusion over patches, registry changes, workarounds, group
policy permissions, etc. it doesnt seem worth it.

Will I be all set if I Install W2K SP4 to the server and WXP SP1a to all the
workstations? (No W2K workstations)

Thanks
Larry

2. problem with rotating.sty

3. Question: SMB on Windows 2003 Server

4. HELP-GCC32.DLL FILE

5. CVS/SMB/NFS/Windows fun

6. there are two questions..

7. RH7.3, smb 2.2.3a, Windows XP Home, trivial network setup

8. sysquery: findns error...

9. Redirecting higher port to port 139 for SMB filesharing using Windows

10. Smb server for windows

11. Windows 2000 doesn't see Linux with Smb

12. Windows NT SMB extension doc?

13. Windows 95 SMB client