changing user names on the fly

Post by J. Mel » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I'm currently demoing Samba as a Solarnet replacement, and I'm very much
please at it's performance and administration. The one flaw that my test
users can find is that the Windows login/logout makes you quit all your
applications for you to change your logon name. Is there a utility that
allows you to change you logon name on the fly, and how would this affect
samba (i.e. how would the resource reconnections work?)... I'm sorry if
this is a bit off topic, but I'm usure where to go for help.

-Thanks in advance

1. Need to change email name w/out changing login name

I have come into a existing SBS2000 installation where
the accounts were set up first initial and then last
name. Same thing with the email address. What I need to
do is change the email names to first name . last name
Ex: john.smith but I want to leave the login name the
same. I'm not sure which changes I need to make in the
user properties to accomlish this.

Thanks

JEFF

2. FAQ? how do I register new site?

3. how do i change screensaver ms logo in 3d flying objects

4. Messenger Service for Win9x or ME?

5. Change user name

6. Wizardry - Bane of the Cosmic Forge

7. Changing the administrators user name

8. Help: Advice on which Mac to buy

9. Changing a user name without losing email and settings?

10. Change Outlook 2000 Register user name

11. Exchange user name change?

12. Changing a users's name

13. changing a user's (just got married) name