need help seeing Samba server from Windows 95

need help seeing Samba server from Windows 95

Post by The Shadow Knows. » Wed, 30 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I can see the server just fine from the File Manager on my Windows NT box, but a new
machine with Win 95 installed on it can only see the other pcs in the workgroup, and
not the Samba server which should appear in the same workgroup.  I have TCPIP,
Netbios, Netbeui, and the IPX/SPX compatible transport installed, with TCPIP as the
default protocol.  Does Netbios have to be set as the default protocol in order to
see the Samba server?  Thanks for any help.

Stephen Jackson

1. Need help in printing from my Unix Application to my Windows 95/98 printer

I am using DGUX 5.4R2.01 and Samba 1.9.18p8
I'm been struggling for a few weeks to be able to print from a Unix
application to my PC.
Is there a program a could buy or a script to make this possible?
I've already try the generic script that is included in Samba which is for a
System V, however it didn't work at all.
Has anyone heard about passthrough printing and how does it work?
I apreciate any help and comments.

Orlando Soriano
Flex Metal Components

2. FS: 3 Handhelds

3. windows 95 machines not being seen using remote control

4. X128 site moved

5. need help to run samba for 95 and NT 4.0

6. sendmail.cf question!

7. Help: Problem accessing windows 95 from Samba 1.9.18p10

8. Mac/Apple flea market - Houston, Tx

9. Wanted: help getting Windows 95 icons correct for .exes on Samba drives

10. Samba not seen in Win 95 NW Neighbourhood (My Solution)

11. seeing servers in win 95 how?

12. Windows 95 does not find the network share on Samba, Windows NT does.

13. Windows 95 problems accessing SAMBA server...