Problems with configure script when compiling Samba 2.05 on HP-UX 10.20

Problems with configure script when compiling Samba 2.05 on HP-UX 10.20

Post by Matthias Rup » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Following the instructions on how to compile Samba 2.05 and create a depot
the command

 ./configure --prefix /opt/samba --localstatedir /var/opt/samba

fails with the output below.

checking whether to support netatalk... no
checking whether to support disk-quotas... no
checking how to get filesystem space usage
checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
checking statvfs function (SVR4)... yes
checking if large file support can be enabled
no
checking configure summary
ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
#

Is there anyone who can help in this matter

Thanks for your help in advance

Matthias Rupp

Post by Bartlomiej Solar » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Following the instructions on how to compile Samba 2.05 and create a depot
> the command

>  ./configure --prefix /opt/samba --localstatedir /var/opt/samba

> fails with the output below.

> checking whether to support netatalk... no
> checking whether to support disk-quotas... no
> checking how to get filesystem space usage
> checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
> checking statvfs function (SVR4)... yes
> checking if large file support can be enabled
> no
> checking configure summary
> ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
> configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
> #

> Is there anyone who can help in this matter

Which platform?

Problems with configure script when compiling Samba 2.05 on HP-UX 10.20

Post by Stéphane Bonnie » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Bartlomiej Solarz schrieb:

Quote:> Which platform?

I encountered the same problem on a hp 9000/817 under hpux 10.01.

Problems with configure script when compiling Samba 2.05 on HP-UX 10.20

Post by Stéphane Bonnie » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Matthias Rupp schrieb:

Quote:> Following the instructions on how to compile Samba 2.05 and create a depot
> the command

>  ./configure --prefix /opt/samba --localstatedir /var/opt/samba

> fails with the output below.

> checking configure summary
> ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
> configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
> #

> Is there anyone who can help in this matter

It seems the problem comes from the hp c compiler. It works with the gnu
compiler.
To use the gnu compiler instead of the one from hp you can add something like
this at the beginning of the configure script :

  CC='path/gcc'; export CC;

Problems with configure script when compiling Samba 2.05 on HP-UX 10.20

Post by Dieter Hack » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

hi,

i had the same problem with the standard kernighan/richie c compiler, which is
usual on hp-ux 10.20 systems.
install an ansi c compiler from an application cdrom.

dodo.

Post by jc0 » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Following the instructions on how to compile Samba 2.05 and create a depot
> the command

>  ./configure --prefix /opt/samba --localstatedir /var/opt/samba

> fails with the output below.

> checking whether to support netatalk... no
> checking whether to support disk-quotas... no
> checking how to get filesystem space usage
> checking statvfs64 function (SVR4)... no
> checking statvfs function (SVR4)... yes
> checking if large file support can be enabled
> no
> checking configure summary
> ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe
> configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
> #

> Is there anyone who can help in this matter

> Thanks for your help in advance

> Matthias Rupp

I will try the same in some weeks.
It's seem there is a missing package on your HP-UX 10.20 machine       or
perhaps you may update the OS with the last cumulative patches            or
you may intialize CCOPTS before execute configure.

The best way to understand is to read the configure script to find how
configure try to learn if locking is ok or not on the OS.

1. Samba 2.05 HP-UX 10.20 PDC-accounts are locked out

hi folks,

on one server we have to administrate Samba 2.05a is running.

The phenomena is that when users are trying to connect to a network
share Samba is sending wrong passowrds and after 7 attempts the acoount
is disabled

        Grund:                  Unbekannter Benutzername oder falsches Kennwort
        >                    unknown account or wrong passowrd
        Benutzername:           BAR
        >usename             BAR
        Dom?ne:                        ICT
        >domain
        Anmeldetyp:             3
        Anmeldeproze?:         KSecDD
        Echtheitsbest?tigungspaket:    MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
        Name der Arbeitsstation:        \\SIGMAICT
23.10.02,06:39:59,Security,berwachung-Fehlversuche,Anmeldung/Abmeldung
,529,NT-AUTORIT?T\SYSTEM,A2-ACHILLES,Anmeldung fehlgeschlagen:

[...]

25.10.02,07:22:32,Security,berwachung-Fehlversuche,Anmeldung/Abmeldung
,539,NT-AUTORIT?T\SYSTEM,A2-ACHILLES,Anmeldung fehlgeschlagen:
        Grund:                  Konto gesperrt

PDC is a WinNT 4 Server.

What people around here heard is the following: NT4 has a bug. SAMBA is
sending a wrong password first to test if the bug is not foxed on that
PDC system or not.  Depending on the result SAMBA is running a kind of
error handling.

have you information on that, can you confirm ? What bug is that SAMBA
is trying to find out ?

THX a lot

:) FS

2. Software emulation switch on NEC Model 97

3. Problem compiling Samba 2.0.3 under HP-UX 10.20

4. new modems coming out ?

5. configure on HP-UX 10.20

6. newbie with problem pc-emu card

7. Problems with locks on HP-UX 10.20 with Samba 2.2.3a

8. Problems with CMS hard disk - Help

9. Help: Problem with samba 2.0.5 and HP-UX 10.20

10. Problem: SAMBA 1.9 on HP-UX 10.20

11. compile Samba HP-UX 10.2 using gcc

12. Samba on HP-UX 10.20 / NT hang and crash