Samba & Win95 can I keep my long names?

Post by Dimitri Prad » Fri, 10 Nov 1995 04:00:00

    I am planning on installing samba on my linux machine, can I still
keep long file names between linux and Win95 or will they get mangled?

Thanks

Dimitri

Post by Brian McCashi » Fri, 10 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>     I am planning on installing samba on my linux machine, can I
still
> keep long file names between linux and Win95 or will they get

mangled?
It will keep them. Include these in your smb.conf
I think they're the defaults except preserve case

[global]
   mangle case = no
   default case = lower
   preserve case = yes

--

 Senior Programmer/Analyst  Phone: 604-822-5502
 Centre For Health Services and Policy Research>