Unable to connect to a samba share with a username different of the current user !

Unable to connect to a samba share with a username different of the current user !

Post by Bertrand Le Piolo » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 05:29:56

Hi everybody,

I'm running Samba 2.0.7 on a solaris 2.6 box.
I'm authenticating the users accessing samba shares using the PDC of my NT
domain (security=Domain).
With this configuration, people can connect to samba shares from their NT4
Workstation.

But, I have the following problem:
- I open a NT session as "USER1" => OK
- I connect some network drives with Samba shares (as USER1) => OK.
- I want to connect to a samba share using "USER2" (net use g:
\\server\share /user:USER2 /persistent=yes)  => PROBLEM: NT error 1219:
The error message in french is: "Les pices justificatives entrent en
conflit avec ..."

So, I can't connect to a samba share with a username different than my
current username => WHY???

Could you help me ??

Thanks in advance,
Bertrand.

Unable to connect to a samba share with a username different of the current user !

Post by Mark Po » Mon, 08 Jan 2001 05:46:53

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 21:29:56 +0100, "Bertrand Le Piolot"

>I'm running Samba 2.0.7 on a solaris 2.6 box.
>I'm authenticating the users accessing samba shares using the PDC of my NT
>domain (security=Domain).
>With this configuration, people can connect to samba shares from their NT4
>Workstation.
>But, I have the following problem:
>- I open a NT session as "USER1" => OK
>- I connect some network drives with Samba shares (as USER1) => OK.
>- I want to connect to a samba share using "USER2" (net use g:
>\\server\share /user:USER2 /persistent=yes)  => PROBLEM: NT error 1219:
>The error message in french is: "Les pices justificatives entrent en
>conflit avec ..."
>So, I can't connect to a samba share with a username different than my
>current username => WHY???

This is not a problem with Samba.  Windows NT will not allow you to connect
to the same machine with two different usernames, hence the message about
conflicting credentials.  One way around this is to use the "netbios
aliases" parameter in your smb.conf file to give your Samba system a second,
or third name that you can connect to from Windows NT.

Mark Post

Postmodern Consulting
Information Technology and Systems Management Consulting
To send me email, replace 'nospam' with 'home'.

1. connect to multiple samba shares as different users?

I am not able to connect multiple samba shares as different users.

If I put a different user in "connect as" on Windows NT, it reports
an error:

The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials

In order to connect as a different user, I have to log out and
log in again, and also one user at a time. I am not able to have
multiple connections at the same time.

The reason I want to have multiple connections at the same time
is I want to connect as my own ID, and as the application ID.

Is this expected behaviour or is there something that I can change.

I am running samba 2.0.7 on Solaris 7, and samba 2.0.5 on Solaris 2.6.
However I feel this is not a samba specific problem, since when
Windows NT gives the error messages quoted above without trying
to connect to samba server.

Thanks.

2. desctructor problem

3. Connecting to several shares with different user ids

4. HELP: Firewalling and OpenBSD

5. Q: logging on with different usernames - \\server\share%altusername

6. Proxy and client soft

7. Allowing creation of users with same username but different passwords

8. Password Server XXX Rejected the Password

9. How to find current users connected??

10. Need Help Looking at the Logs: Current Users connected.

11. Logging onto a share as a different user than locally logged on user?

12. Win95/98/Me to SAMBA Linux Server with different usernames

13. Samba: From a different network I can only connect to samba with debug > 10