Windows 95 does not find the network share on Samba, Windows NT does.

Windows 95 does not find the network share on Samba, Windows NT does.

Post by sno » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:42:29

Help needed..

I have a small network with mostly Windows NT machines and one Windows 95
machine.
They all should connect to a Samba server with 2 network shares.

On the NT machines I can map the shared folder directly via IP without
problems.

If I try to do the same on the Windows 95 machine, the SHARE CAN NOT BE
FOUND. Although i can ping the server correctly. Using
\\10.186.24.02\allg_neu  as shared folder while mapping the drive does not
help.
I put the IP of the server in the lmhosts file, but Windows 95 is still not
able to see the server.....

Whats wrong ???

1. Error when doing single file install on Windows 95 machine

I get the following message when trying to install Lotus SmartSuite 97
via single file install created with SMS installer.

ERROR
You do not have access to make the required system configuration
modifications. Please rerun this install from the administrators
account.

I am running this on standalone win95 b machines.

2. F$CVTIME

3. "Network path not found" error mapping to Samba via Windows NT 4.0

4. kernel32.dll

5. FATAL DOS error, code 05h - running multi-user DOS database on Samba share

6. JOB: DATA WAREHOUSING

7. samba exports not to see under windows 3.11 and dos

8. Problem extending iostreams

9. Windows NT "The network path was not found"

10. Networking Windows/95/NT

11. Shared modem in DOS session under 95/98?

12. Win 95 resources existing in ALL SYSTEMS are not visible in Windows 95 collection.

13. Windows NT and 95 sharing files from MacOS - DAVE