STOP Samba from being a browse list master / backup browse list

STOP Samba from being a browse list master / backup browse list

Post by Richard Flemin » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:53:05

Hi;

How does one configure SMB to NOT be a browsing master in any regard.  I
don't wish for SMB to even associate itself to listening to browse list
requests.

Rich

STOP Samba from being a browse list master / backup browse list

Post by mw » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 08:43:54

Quote:> Hi;

> How does one configure SMB to NOT be a browsing master in any regard.  I
> don't wish for SMB to even associate itself to listening to browse list
> requests.

> Rich

In your global section add:
local master = no
preferred master = no

--
Regards,
Mark

1. Browse master, browse list, but no response to browse requests?

On 1.9.18p4 . This is a switched network with other machines on it...
basically the other machines in this workgroup *should* either be
'95 or samba servers. The three server versions on the three samba
servers are...
"Samba 1.9.18p4" "Samba 1.9.17p4"  "Samba 1.9.16p9"

Problem is that the 1.9.16p9 (we've got this for historical reasons -
NTrigue wouldnt talk to the later versions) always ends up being the
browse master, even though no other machine will talk to it.

ie: you can't get a browse list for this network, because they all
think that the 1.9.18p4 machine is the master, but that machine
refuses to hand over its browse list[1]; and the 1.9.16p9 machine
gets a browse list when I told it not to. AAAGH.

        HELP!

                Baz

[1] It exists, it looks ok.
--
****====----                                              Brian Ewins.
Fax: (44) 141 220 6100                             Tel: 07050 612 229

2. Sprint in California

3. Browse Master in lmhosts and can't see browse list

4. Searching this newsgroup

5. Browsing: Samba server not always in browse list

6. Check Register

7. BUG: Workgroup list == Browse list (in 1.9.16pl12)

8. Please help ...

9. What is the master browser and Browse list

10. Static domain master browse lists

11. Smbtar Backup - Browsing List

12. remote NT browse master -- am I doing this right?

13. Adding Win95 boxes on different subnets to Samba's Browse List