smbtar problem(s)

Post by pabl » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:42:18

Hello Newsgroup,

I'am trying out the smbtar command on my home systems. The -i option (for
incremental backups) does not seem to work.
In the description it says the Archive bit is reset. Does that mean it is
set to its former status, OR is it cleaned?

After this unsuccessful experiment on a Win NT4 machine I tried to smbtar a
share on a Win XP machine.
The -v (verbose command) mentioned the files but the tar.out file showed the
results of my FORMER smbtar command on the NT machine.
What can be the cause of this 'strange' behaviour??

TIA

pablok

smbtar problem(s)

Post by pabl » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 15:00:39

NG,

It gets weirder.
Ten minutes later it did what it should do! Except for the -i option that
does not seem to mean anything.

pablok

Quote:> Hello Newsgroup,

> I'am trying out the smbtar command on my home systems. The -i option (for
> incremental backups) does not seem to work.
> In the description it says the Archive bit is reset. Does that mean it is
> set to its former status, OR is it cleaned?

> After this unsuccessful experiment on a Win NT4 machine I tried to smbtar
> share on a Win XP machine.
> The -v (verbose command) mentioned the files but the tar.out file showed
the
> results of my FORMER smbtar command on the NT machine.
> What can be the cause of this 'strange' behaviour??

> TIA

> pablok

smbtar problem(s)

Post by pabl » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:22:43

Well, I found the solution to the first problem:
I should also use the -a option!

But the second question still stands. What delays the right execution of a
smbtar command??

Quote:> Hello Newsgroup,

> I'am trying out the smbtar command on my home systems. The -i option (for
> incremental backups) does not seem to work.
> In the description it says the Archive bit is reset. Does that mean it is
> set to its former status, OR is it cleaned?

1. smbtar problem

I'm having a problem with a smbtar?
any ideas what the problem might be?

smbtar -v -s 168.9.200.11 -x 'sharefolder' -u admin -p
adinpasswd -t /usr/local/pcbkup/test.tar
server    is 168.9.200.11
share     is sharefolder\
tar args  is
tape      is /usr/local/pcbkup/test.tar
blocksize is
added interface ip=192.9.206.13 bcast=192.9.206.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
timeout connecting to 168.9.200.11:139
Error connecting to 168.9.200.11 (Operation already in progress)
Connection to 168.9.200.11 failed
timeout connecting to 168.9.200.11:139
Error connecting to 168.9.200.11 (Operation already in progress)
Connection to 168.9.200.11 failed

2. atari equipment wanted

3. Problem: Incremental backups with smbtar

4. Amiga Myths Debunked (long)

5. SAMBA under SGI IRIX 6.4 smbtar problems?

6. Incorrect number of licenses

7. smbtar problems

8. Wireless sync w/calendar on internet

9. smbtar and the NAMESIZ problem

10. smbtar problem with invalid directory

11. problem with smbtar: Backup gone forever?

12. smbtar restore problem - can't create creation date on directories and aborts

13. smbtar restore problem