Update 2 to my problem

Post by Jo » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:39:12

This may be an important point that I forget to mention ??

When I access the remote files, I ALWAYS use UNC
"e.g., \\remote_host\share\..."
instead of having the remote drive mapped.

I do that because this way I don't need to worry
about re-map the drive if the connection goes away.
I wonder if there is a feature that allow Windows
to automatically re-map the drive when a broker drive
is accessed??

Thanks in adance.

J.

1. Update 1 on my problem

After reading all the postings, I did a bit of research.
This is what I found:

1. In my client machine
- it is a Window 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 2
- it has only one active network connection (netelligent 10/100 tx pci)
---- it has three components
---- 1. client for microsoft network
---- 2. file and print sharing for microsoft networks
---- 3. internet protocol tcp/ip

2. For the samba running in Solaris 5.8,
- the samba version running there is 2.2.4
- it has the parameter TCP_NODELAY set

QUESTION:

- Since my window 2000 is in SP2, does it mean I can ignore
the Shaun Marolf's SP4 issue? Is there more I can do in the
client side?

- Should I install some newer SP to the win2k?

- My samba is in 2.2.4, should I upgrade to a newer version?
What version is good and less trouble for me?

2. Upgrade from FixPak1 To 6 Successful

3. Version Screen not updated on 4.5 update

4. WTB: Atari Editor/Assembler Disk

5. Windows Update ...update

6. Processor Tech SOL auction!

7. Trend Micro Updates-When are client machines updated?

8. Final Approach

9. *Update* Adding a DVD drive to Dell PowerEdge 2600 *Update*

10. Perflib errors 1010 after applying updates using windows update

11. Deploying driver updates (from windows update) to multiple machines

12. collection not updating client updates

13. Security Update package won't update