Automatic downloding of postscipt driver with WIN98

Automatic downloding of postscipt driver with WIN98

Post by Rémy CLAVERI » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:19:02

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the version of the ADOBEPS4.DRV file used for
automatic download as described in th HOWTO. Because the one I use
causes a rundll32 error.

THanks in advance

--
Rmy CLAVERIE
Cesium - Universit de Metz

1. Automatic printer driver installation

All,

Examples in a couple of books show how to setup printer shares to
automatically install printer drivers on Windows clients if they are
missing.  We ahve followed these procedures and they work.  Our *BIG*
question is how to do this under a single [printers] share instead of
having to create a separate share area for each printer by name.  This
appears the case as there is a specific entry 'printer driver = QMS
Color...' that would be unique to each printer.

My first thought was to use %p in different share entries to point to
the proper location for printer files, but that 'printer driver = ...'
entry gets me.  We don't want clueless users seeing some 'Installing
Generic Printer driver' message as the being bombarding the helpdesk.

Any ideas?

-tJc

2. little mistery of mail

3. Automatic Printer Driver Installation

4. Intrastate Rates and Competition

5. PRINTER DRIVER (SHARE) W2k Server shared to Win98 Client

6. JURIX'96 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

7. Win98 printer drivers

8. Exchange SP3 installed with errors...

9. display driver/networkcard driver package

10. Win printer driver name for GhostScript driver

11. win98 to win98 filing sharing..HELP!

12. Win98 <- Samba SLOW, but Win98 -> Samba FAST

13. Slow - Win98->Linux=Fast Linux->Win98=SLOW