Samba on HP-UX 10.20 / NT hang and crash

Samba on HP-UX 10.20 / NT hang and crash

Post by Chapron Pier » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I've compiled samba 2.0.2 on a HP-UX 10.20 system

I can see my shared directory on a NT workstation (NT4 / SP3)
and create logical drive to access files.

My problems :

        I'm unaible to make a copy of the remote file on
a local drive, the first one goes well, the second a little bit
worth, and worthest as the number of files increase.

It goes up to hang the station ( I need to reboot)

        The same way  when I try a compilation
(reading the source code on remote disk and building the
object the remote disk)

I'm using

        security = user
        encrypt passwords = yes
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY

        [orionacc]
           comment = Src dir
           path = /orionacc
           writeable = yes
           public = yes
           create mask = 0775

thanks for reading, any clues are welcome

A+
Pierre
--

  )... une jolie fille, c'est comme une melodie,  )
 /elle occupe votre esprit jours et nuits,       /

1. Latest samba (1.9.17p4) on HP/UX (10.20) crashes Domain Name Server

        Finally managed to install the C/C++ development package on
my 712/60 and compiled the latest distribution without problem. smb.conf
used is virtually identical to one I've used on a number of other
platforms and earlier releases of samba. I'm authenticating through an
NT domain and NT PDC. Yet this one will bring down my DNS in short order.

        Running first level diagnostics (-d 1) on the DNS, I encounter a
number of curious requests coming from this HP platform. Some relate to a
Lan Manager backup domain controller (FARSIDE.SERVE or farside.serve)
which was then out of commission; some relate to the NetBIOS names of user
desktops within this domain; finally I see queries for loopback! In short
order the Domain Name server is down, and must be restarted. var.named shows
nothing after the localhost queries, and ps shows in.named is gone.

        This sequence was replicated through several runs, to the point
that I had to disable samba on this box. Something like this clearly
impacts the user community. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Lexmark WinWriter 200

3. Samba 2.05 HP-UX 10.20 PDC-accounts are locked out

4. Dumb Question: Why Does My Terminal Lock Up?

5. Samba Binaries for HP-UX 10.20

6. Help: MACSYMA Fourier Package

7. Problems with locks on HP-UX 10.20 with Samba 2.2.3a

8. Samba on HP-UX 10.20

9. SAMBA 1.9.18p3 binaries for HP-UX 10.20

10. Samba 2.2.0 HP-UX 10.20 "max clients already connected"

11. Samba & HP-UX 10.20

12. Samba Tree connect fail on HP-UX 10.20