This newsgroup is misnamed...

Post by hug » Sat, 15 Jul 1995 04:00:00

It should be called comp.sys.spectrum.games

--
Regards,

Huge.
Hugh J.E. Davies, Computer Consultant, Bedfordshire, England.
"The road to Paradise is through *."

This newsgroup is misnamed...

Post by Stephen Smit » Sun, 16 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:(huge) writes:
> It should be called comp.sys.spectrum.games

How can you say that when people are talking about proramming a new ROM,
messing about with Spectrum hardware, and discussing hardware?  Still, I
think I would prefer comp.sys.spectrum.games, since it's all I'm interested
in, but I can easily ignore the other stuff.

--
Stephen Smith
Humberside, England

   ** Free PBEM's - http://www.catalog.com/sjr/www/ss/pbempage.htm **

This newsgroup is misnamed...

Post by Damion Yat » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:: (huge) writes:

: > It should be called comp.sys.spectrum.games

: How can you say that when people are talking about proramming a new ROM,
: messing about with Spectrum hardware, and discussing hardware?  Still, I
: think I would prefer comp.sys.spectrum.games, since it's all I'm interested
: in, but I can easily ignore the other stuff.
I ignore all the boring chat about old games, for example I never played
manic minor, or Hoh.

There were a few special ones I loved but I'd rather talk about the more
interesting techical stuff like how to control/write emulators.

I think we really do need to do what the comode 64 fans have done and set up
2-3 groups comp.sys.sinclair.tech, comp.sys.sinclair.games .. chat.. binaries
etc etc.. misc ??

--
Damion Yates - Sheffield Uni, UK.
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~exxdmy

This newsgroup is misnamed...

Post by Markos Masoura » Wed, 19 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>There were a few special ones I loved but I'd rather talk about the more
>interesting techical stuff like how to control/write emulators.

>I think we really do need to do what the comode 64 fans have done and set up
>2-3 groups comp.sys.sinclair.tech, comp.sys.sinclair.games .. chat.. binaries
>etc etc.. misc ??

Well you can't drop the games side alltogether, why do you want to mess around
with writing emulators then ? Running games on them is a major attraction after
all. But I agree some technical stuff is important as well.

Markos
-oo('|')oo-

This newsgroup is misnamed...

Post by Nusc » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>It should be called comp.sys.spectrum.games

Mmmh... I remember someone posting an article a couple of months ago,
asking why all the discussions on this group were hardware-related. I
suppose it's a synusoidal going-on...
I like this place because it has something for everybody.

*****************************
*       Paolo Perrotta      *

*****************************

This newsgroup is misnamed...

Post by John Swa » Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:(Paolo "Nusco" Perrotta) writes:
> Mmmh... I remember someone posting an article a couple of months ago,
> asking why all the discussions on this group were hardware-related. I
> suppose it's a synusoidal going-on...
> I like this place because it has something for everybody.

I agree. I was interested in all aspects of Sinclair machines in their
heyday and I still am.

John

This newsgroup is misnamed...

Post by Arnt Gulbrands » Tue, 01 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>It should be called comp.sys.spectrum.games

As the proponent for the group, let me tell you that I didn't expect
anything like the traffic it has.

Thus, one group for all of the Sinclair machines.

If you're honestly bothered by the games talk, propse a
comp.sys.sinclair.games.

--Arnt