BASin R5 up

Post by Dunn » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:17:22

Just in case anyone's interested, BASin release 5 is up on my site. It's only
really found its' way there cos someone wanted to test it, so I may as well make
it public.

New in this release are:

Bug fixes,
Expression Evaluator
Conditional Breakpoints
Watches
Variables window (readonly for the minute)

and tonnes of other stuff I've forgotten about. See the readme for more depth.
Feedback to me at the usual address, should you feel like it. I'm quite chuffed
with some aspects of it - namely the fact that *any* BASIC expression can be
evaluated where a value or expression is expected, even functions such as
SCREEN$.

Thanks,
    Dunny.

BASin R5 up

Post by Ignacio Burgue? » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:35:51

Quote:> Just in case anyone's interested, BASin release 5 is up on my site. It's
only
> really found its' way there cos someone wanted to test it, so I may as
well make
> it public.

Ehm... can't remember the URL. Could you post it?
Thanks!

Greetings
Ignacio Burgue?o

BASin R5 up

Post by Dale Richard » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:50:45

> > Just in case anyone's interested, BASin release 5 is up on my site. It's
> only
> > really found its' way there cos someone wanted to test it, so I may as
> well make
> > it public.

> Ehm... can't remember the URL. Could you post it?
> Thanks!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.dunn4/BASin_R5.zip

BASin R5 up

Post by Orinoc » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:31:16

Dunny's bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

Quote:> Just in case anyone's interested, BASin release 5 is up on my site.
> It's only really found its' way there cos someone wanted to test it, so
> I may as well make it public.

Just had a look. Genius.

I love the LOAD/SAVE mechanism. I'm not too keen on the way it handles
basic files though. I saved a file as "hello" (before I read the README, I
admit!) and then couldn't load it back in again. Is it possible to check
for a basic file via its contents rather than its extension? Otherwise,
it's fan-f*&$ing-tastic.

--
Adam Short

Expand your vocabulary:

HOBBS CROSS (n.)

The awkward leaping manoeuvre a girl has to go throught in bed in order to
make him sleep on the wet patch.

BASin R5 up

Post by Dunn » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:39:00

Quote:> I love the LOAD/SAVE mechanism. I'm not too keen on the way it handles
> basic files though. I saved a file as "hello" (before I read the README, I
> admit!) and then couldn't load it back in again. Is it possible to check
> for a basic file via its contents rather than its extension?

Fixed - as per the discussion in #speccy. I need to have a good close look at

Quote:> Otherwise, it's fan-f*&$ing-tastic.

:-) Thanks very much - I've worked * this, and it feels "right" somehow...
Of course, this is what SPIN was supposed to be.

D.

BASin R5 up

Post by LCD » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:46:26

OT: You have not replied to me. Did you recieved the source of BMP2SCR pro?
Is it of use for you?

LCD

BASin R5 up

Post by Dunn » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:17:58

> OT: You have not replied to me. Did you recieved the source of BMP2SCR pro?
> Is it of use for you?

Hmm. I was sure I did - but yes, I received it, and thankyou very much. I'll
examine it in detail later when I start the bmp import system. I've already
written one using the various dithering and RGB/YUV colour matching, but I'll
have a look and see if you do it differently.

Nice job, btw :)

D.

BASin R5 up

Post by LCD » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 00:32:28

> > OT: You have not replied to me. Did you recieved the source of BMP2SCR pro?
> > Is it of use for you?

> Hmm. I was sure I did - but yes, I received it, and thankyou very much. I'll
> examine it in detail later when I start the bmp import system. I've already
> written one using the various dithering and RGB/YUV colour matching, but I'll
> have a look and see if you do it differently.

> Nice job, btw :)

> D.

No I did not recieve any answer, and the Chello Mail works much better that
Chello newsgroups... But its fine that you recieved the source. If possible,
please send me later a comparsion of our both conversion systems. I allways
want to know how fine my routines are against the other conversion codes.

Thank you. Next thing I want to include, is the map editor, which will be not so
easy.

LCD

1. Position Available -- UT Permian Basin

POSITION AVAILABLE

Tenure-track position in Computer Science at the level of Assistant
Professor is available at the Department of Science and Mathematics of the
University of Texas of the Permian Basin. Starting date Fall 1997. The
candidate should specialize in parallel computing. Ph.D. in Computer
Science (or closely related area) required prior to employment. Candidate
must be able to teach undergraduate courses in the areas of software
engineering, real-time systems and database management. Capability of
teaching an occasional mathematics course a plus. The standard teaching
load is 4 courses per semester with a possibility of a one course
reduction for active researchers. The position involves a standard mixture
of teaching, research and service. The candidate MUST have a proof of
permission to work in the U.S. PRIOR to submitting the application. UTPB
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applications from historically
underrepresented groups are particularly welcome. Send CV, statements of
research plans and teaching philosophy, and arrange for 3 letters of
reference (at least one addressing teaching) to be sent to:

Computer Science Search Committee
Department of Science and Mathematics
University of Texas of the Permian Basin
Odessa, TX 79762

The Application deadline is February 28, 1997.

2. Lotus notes

3. ACLT print/preview problem

4. Sendmail with Dialup UUCP

5. Basins 1.0, initiate button removal?

6. leap year or millenium change more likely ?

7. UPS Support for OS/2: APC Back-UPS 650 Pro

8. UPS - UPS 6/99

9. problems with UPS + ups software

10. UPS software for Smart-ups from APC

11. apc smart ups loses connection after ups-test