Are there any Sinclair QL emulators available?

Are there any Sinclair QL emulators available?

Post by M. Incle » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi!

Does anyone know of any Sinclair QL emulators for the PC ?
(I'm hoping to transfer stuff from my old microdrives - if they still
work :-) )

Thanks in advance,
        Mark.

Mark Incley              | The opinions in this letter are entirely my own
                         | and in no way reflect those of my employers.
Programmer               |
Krisalis Software Ltd    |

(A)bort (R)etry (I)nfluence with large hammer

Post by I.M.Dix » Fri, 16 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:"M. Incley"  writes:
> Hi!

> Does anyone know of any Sinclair QL emulators for the PC ?
> (I'm hoping to transfer stuff from my old microdrives - if they still
> work :-) )

Don't know of any s/w emulators, usual solution is to buy QXL card from
Miracle Systems (sorry, don't have address with me, but it's in the QL FAQ),
and plug it into your PC.  Gives you a very fast QL inside your PC, 68EC40
running at 25MHz completely independantly of the PC's cpu.  Can read/write
both QL and MSDOS floppies on the PC's drive, can also have QL partition
on the hard drive.  Access to PC keyboard, VDU, and ports, also has own
network ports for talking to real QLs.

Fairly expensive, mine cost `400, but that was with the full 8Mb memory,
costs less if you have less memory, think the smallest is 1Mb.

Post by Christopher Fowl » Sun, 18 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: Hi!

: Does anyone know of any Sinclair QL emulators for the PC ?
: (I'm hoping to transfer stuff from my old microdrives - if they still
: work :-) )

Just to echo Dixon's suggestion... The QXL is the best way to go, ut it
won't enable you to read your microdrive cartidges... You'll have to do
that by using the NET ports in our QL and QXL ....

Chris...

1. Sinclair QL Available???

Where can I get a Sinclair QL at a reasonable price??? Okay, free
would be even better... I know, it would have to be in the U.K.

My wife has a relative who is moving to just north of London in
the next couple of weeks. This relative would be able to ship the
computer to me cheaply...

2. Web Capture Question

3. QLAY083 - Sinclair QL emulator for Linux

4. Pasting from a register to a search pattern (VIM)

5. Spectrum emulator for Sinclair QL & compatibles

6. FS: Sparc 1+ base $49

7. Announce: QLAY 0.87 - Sinclair QL emulator

8. Looking for descriptions of debuggers

9. Announce: QLAY - Sinclair QL emulator

10. QL SINCLAIR EMULATOR

11. QLAY - Sinclair QL emulator for DOS/Windows

12. Subject: QLAY - Sinclair QL emulator for DOS

13. Seek Sinclair QL Emulator