What do you use your emulator for ?

Post by Brian Gaf » Thu, 16 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I'm trying to put together an article on what the emulators can be used for,
> as well as just playing games. ANy contributions are appreciated..including
> those that do just use it for games.

> What do you use it for?
> How long o you spend using it per week ?
> Which emulator(s) do you use ?
> Have you configured your system in anyway for the emu ? (eg. I have a startup
> menu which has Spectrum as a boot up option. I switch on the PC and go straight
> into Spectrum mode!)
> Aside from games, what other software do you use on it ? (titles?)
> What convertion software do you use / do you think is needed ? (eg. convert,
>  spconv)

> Thanks in advance,
> Zargwog...

> ---
> Wibble!
> My company accepts no responsibility for me at all...
> Likewise I'm sure...

I just had an interesting letter. It appears that this guy
bought the assets of a business that made contact lenses. The
snag is that the programs for calculating the lens parameters
ran in Basic on a Spectrum! He is in the same business, and the
Spectrums are no longer reliable enough. Having asked about
replacement programs for his PC, he fell over at the cost, so
enter Z80!

Another user has a similar story, but got garming software. He
cannot get anything that compares as its all written with the US
in mind, not the UK/EC. Being mainly in ZX Basic, altering it is
cheap and easy.

Brian
--

Brian Gaff AKA B G Services - Still supporting Z80
                              The Spectrum Emulator

What do you use your emulator for ?

Post by Russ Jucke » Fri, 17 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Pete Collier scribed:

  PC> What do you use it for?

  Games.  That's it.

  PC> Which emulator(s) do you use ?

  !Speccy, !Z80Em, & !MZX for the Acorn RiscPC (they work on Archimedes too)

  PC> Have you configured your system in anyway for the emu ?

  Erm, I have a monitor definition file for it, and a hotkey to open up the
correct directory.

 |     Digital Databank BBS: +44-1707-323531 (300-28.8k/V42/42b) 24 hours    |

 |                  (Acorn Information at your Fingertips)                   |

--

        Well, I do have a better history about Spectrum usage. I
currently work as a manager in a software engineering consulting

        A few POKEs later, and the TV screen started to show again
the regular TV show. It seems that all TV and video signals inside
the hotel are (still) controlled by a Sinclair machine, which is
quite amazing considering that it happened this year.

        None of them were much interested in this case, nor they
could distinguish a ZX-81 from a ZX-Spectrum, so this is all I know
about it. Is there anybody in India reading this newsgroup that can
get some more info?

                Adzubla!

                                Einar

 ___________________________ _________________________
|                           |     _____               |
|  Einar L. Gattoni Saukas  |    /                    |
| Engenharia Eletrica  POLI |   /____  ' __   __   __ |
| Ciencia da Computacao IME |  /      / /  ) ___) /   |

|___________________________|_________________________|
|                                                     |
| "Three Rings for the Elven-Kings under the sky,     |
|  Seven for the Dwarf lords in their halls of stone, |
|  Nine for the Mortal Men doomed to die,             |
|  One for the Dark lord on his dark throne"          |
|                                   J.R.R. Tolkien    |
|_____________________________________________________|

1. Who uses what features of DOS Z80?

OK, Z80 is running out of RAM. What would you like to lose and
gain?

Do you use the SAMRAM?
Do you find sound card loading useful?

These are just ideas. Its OK asking for support of new tape
formats etc, but its getting rather hard for Gerton to get it
all in!

Brian

--

Brian Gaff AKA B G Services - Still supporting Z80
                              The Spectrum Emulator

2. FAQ where?

3. How to use FDI/TRD files with TR-DOS emulators?

4. Block Broadcasts to 224.0.1.2 (SGI-DOG.MCAST.NET)

5. ANNOUNCE : v 0.00.02 of my ZX emulator for LINUX and DOS

6. IIIx vs V screen

7. Z80 (DOS Speccy emulator) Strangeness

8. Can i get newsgroups using telnet?

9. Z80 Dos Spectrum Emulator

10. New ZX Spectrum-128 emulator with TR-DOS (BetaDisk) support

11. Worms / TR-DOS / Speccy emulator

12. QLAY - Sinclair QL emulator for DOS/Windows

13. SAM Coupe emulator for DOS ????