Pyracurse (Hewson)

Post by John William » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi folks,

Did anybody out there ever manage to complete Pyracurse?  I liked that
game (still have the tape floating around somewhere), but never really
made any progress.  I eventually resorted to hacking it, looking for an
infinite lives cheat, but never managed to find one of those either...

Also, has anyone ever found a .SNA (or .Z80 or whatever) of it that
actually works?  I grabbed one from WoS a year or so ago but it was a
dud...

Cheers,

John W.

Pyracurse (Hewson)

Post by Jim Grimwo » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Did anybody out there ever manage to complete Pyracurse?  I liked that
>game (still have the tape floating around somewhere), but never really
>made any progress.  I eventually resorted to hacking it, looking for an
>infinite lives cheat, but never managed to find one of those either...

The solution was printed in Crash issues 31-33 (Aug-Oct.1986), so someone
obviously finished it.

I never played the game myself - Avalon was enough for me, and Dragontorc,
Astroclone and Pyracurse were basically more of the same (although
Pyracurse wasn't by Steve Turner), but harder, so I couldn't be bothered
with them. (Pyracurse was still rather ahead of its time, in fact, as the
gameplay is much more like Where Time Stood Still than the Turner games,
and WTSS came out two years after Pyracurse). If you get the TAP off WoS,
you can try one of these pokes:

[from Crash 32 (Sep.1986) - infinite lives]
30 LOAD "" CODE 23296
40 POKE 23325,201: RANDOMIZE USR 23299
50 POKE 33446,201: RANDOMIZE USR 29600

[from Your Sinclair 12 (Dec.1986) - infinite energy]
10 CLEAR 24799: LOAD "" CODE 23296
20 POKE 23325,201: RANDOMIZE USR 23299
30 POKE 33450,201: RANDOMIZE USR 29600

Quote:>Also, has anyone ever found a .SNA (or .Z80 or whatever) of it that
>actually works?  I grabbed one from WoS a year or so ago but it was a
>dud...

The TAP on the WoS CD works. The joystick control's a bit annoying,
though. With games using isometric movement I always think of joystick
up/forward as being top left diagonal, joystick right as being top right
diagonal, and so on around the clock; but Pyracurse has these all offset
by 90 degrees, which throws me right off.

--
Another Fine Product from:

--

Pyracurse (Hewson)

Post by ke.. » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:44:38 +1000, John Williams

>Did anybody out there ever manage to complete Pyracurse?  I liked that
>game (still have the tape floating around somewhere), but never really
>made any progress.  I eventually resorted to hacking it, looking for an
>infinite lives cheat, but never managed to find one of those either...

Yup, and like most Spectrum games, the ending was a disappointing.

Quote:>Also, has anyone ever found a .SNA (or .Z80 or whatever) of it that
>actually works?  I grabbed one from WoS a year or so ago but it was a
>dud...

I have the original tape somewhere...

Rob.

1. Hewson softography

Hi!

I'm trying to collect all the titles published by Hewson. I found most
of them as perfect TAP or TZX files on WOS, but I'm missing a few that
either are unavailable or are not labeled as perfect.
I'm using the softography at
http://lurch.ucd.ie/~sinclair/Planet_Sinclair/hewson.htm as reference.

The Sinclair infoseek located all the titles on the softography but
returned no matches for 'Heatrow ATC' and 'Custodian'. I checked
Blood's MIA list, but neither is mentioned.

The titles I'm after are:

3D Lunattack
3D Seiddab Attack
3D Space Wars
Countries of the World
Di-lithium Lift
Heatrow ATC
Night Flite
Quest Adventure
Avalon
Astroclone
Quazatron (come on, *somebody* must have a TZX of the original!)
Southern Belle
Anarchy
Draughts Genius
Battle Valley
Custodian
Eliminator
Netherworld

So if you have a perfect TAP, TZX, VOC or WAV of the original tape,

upload it to WOS. Go on, you know it makes sense! :-)

Thank you in advance,

--
||// \\//               Gilberto Gaudencio
 //   \\           quazatron (a) geocities com
//|| //\\           "Calling all the dreamers"

2. SUCCESS!! Phillips/Adaptec/Win95/Jazz

3. Pyracourse (Hewson)

4. HELP! Using CL560

5. Hewson

6. Cisco IOS for CAT6000 Supervisor

7. Wanted - Quasitron (sp ?) by Hewson ?

8. Win2k with integrated SP3 on the CD

9. Pyracurse and shadow of Unicorn.

10. Pyracurse