I am from the past, and I say that the Spectrum is still crap

Post by Sam Gillet » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 16:47:58

>I have just travelled back in time from the future, and I can tell you
two[1]
>things...

>(1) Sir Clive Sinclair is the King of Europe.

ROFL

Quote:>(2) The latest CSS flamewar concerns whether the Speccy is better than
>Vampire Willow and/or Rolos. This follows the famous CSS split of 2007,
in which
>the group split into many smaller groups, including comp.sys.sinclair
>rolos, comp.sys.sinclair.mmmmm.vampire.willow, comp.sys.sinclair.test.
>please.annoy.starglider, and

comp.sys.sinclair.actually.i.quite.liked.the.

Quote:>code.masters.games.

Good.

Quote:>(3) The Spectrum is still crap.

Yes.

Quote:>[1] Mathematics has changed a lot in the last twenty years.

I do not know what you are smoking, but I do not think that it is legal.

Quote:>There is the theory of the Moebius...a twist in the fabric of space[1]

>[1]Where time becomes a loop.[1]

With the funny cigarettes you are smoking you have no trouble getting
looped without a Moebius.

     Commodore lives . . . . . if you call 1200 baud alive!

I am from the past, and I say that the Spectrum is still crap

Post by spi.. » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:18:06

Quote:> With the funny cigarettes you are smoking you have no trouble getting
> looped without a Moebius.

Oh of COURSE....

Mr Gillett knows nothing of comp,sys.sinclair in-jokes.
But then, he's consistently proven that he knows nothing about ANYTHING
sinclair.

|            in            |  suck is probably the day they start making     |
|     Computer science     |  vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge            |

I am from the past, and I say that the Spectrum is still crap

Post by Lee Princ » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 00:45:05

Well, I was in this pub on Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:18:06 +0000, minding my own

started ranting and raving...

Quote:>> With the funny cigarettes you are smoking you have no trouble getting
>> looped without a Moebius.

>Oh of COURSE....

>Mr Gillett knows nothing of comp,sys.sinclair in-jokes.
>But then, he's consistently proven that he knows nothing about ANYTHING
>sinclair.

True, except that the Moebius quote came from an Orbital album which was
released before CSS was even thought of, in 1991.

They then put the same intro on their second album, in 1993, causing lots
of Orbital fans to scratch their heads and say "Are Orbital stuck in
a loop?"

Their worries were hardly relieved by their third album, which was
entitled "Buffy Flavoured Rolo Chuntey Crisps".

Or something.[1]

[1]I'll get my coat.[1]

--
Lee Prince (remove the wibble to reply)
"Carol Vorderman, I'm all yours. Take me now!" - Professor J Frink

Post by spi.. » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 02:43:50

> Well, I was in this pub on Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:18:06 +0000, minding my own

> started ranting and raving...
>>> With the funny cigarettes you are smoking you have no trouble getting
>>> looped without a Moebius.

>>Oh of COURSE....

>>Mr Gillett knows nothing of comp,sys.sinclair in-jokes.
>>But then, he's consistently proven that he knows nothing about ANYTHING
>>sinclair.
> True, except that the Moebius quote came from an Orbital album which was
> released before CSS was even thought of, in 1991.

Ahhh, but it was used to EXPLAIN the "Is this thread stuck in a loop?" joke.
:)

Quote:> They then put the same intro on their second album, in 1993, causing lots
> of Orbital fans to scratch their heads and say "Are Orbital stuck in
> a loop?"
> Their worries were hardly relieved by their third album, which was
> entitled "Buffy Flavoured Rolo Chuntey Crisps".
> Or something.[1]
> [1]I'll get my coat.[1]

Here, have this one too...
I think that was a two coat joke.

|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)|  I can SMELL!!!  KRYTEN!!! Unpack Rachel and    |
|            in            |  get out the puncture repair kit!"              |
|     Computer Science     |     Arnold Judas Rimmer- Red Dwarf              |