Auction: Spectrum 48k

Post by Graham Orm » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

Come on you stingy lot. I put the following advert out on 9th May and
nobody has made an offer. Who will start the bidding at 10 pounds?

I have a ZX Spectrum 48k complete with all its accessories in its
original pack, for sale by auction.

Included are about 12 games/utilities tapes (may not all work) and a
couple of blank 12 minute tapes. There are also two paperbacks;
Turbocharge your ZX Spectrum by John Lettice; and Introducing Spectrum
Machine Code by Ian Sinclair.

The power supply connector has been resoldered and covered with
insulating tape and there is a slight dent on the metal facia of the
computer. Other than that it is very good condition.

The auction is open until 7th June 1997. Please include about 3 pounds
for P&P in your offer.

All proceeds are going to our local hospice.

If anyone is intereted in making a speech synthesiser for their
Spectrum, I have 47 General Instrument alophone speech synthesis ICs for
sale too. The type number is SP0256-AL2. I guess GBP 5 each inc' p&p is
about right, or make me an offer for the whole lot.

Please remove the .antispam from my email address when replying.

--
Graham Orme
\o/  http://www.mentec.demon.co.uk/  Holiday home in Brittany to let.

Auction: Spectrum 48k

Post by Andrew Cadle » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Come on you stingy lot. I put the following advert out on 9th May and
> nobody has made an offer. Who will start the bidding at 10 pounds?
> I have a ZX Spectrum 48k complete with all its accessories in its
> original pack, for sale by auction.

I don't really want to put a damper on your advert but I picked up a
perfectly good Speccy +2A (no laughing please) with about 25 games for 10
about six months ago. I think you're setting your hopes a bit high for a
48K.

Andy

Auction: Spectrum 48k

Post by Damien Bur » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

On Wed, 28 May 1997 13:22:05 +0100, Graham Orme

>Come on you stingy lot. I put the following advert out on 9th May and
>nobody has made an offer. Who will start the bidding at 10 pounds?

I suspect you're trying for too much in this group - we've all got one already
and I wouldn't pay more than a fiver for another one, especially with damage.
--
Damien Burke (if replying, change d.c.u to demon.co.uk)
Opinions are mine alone and do not represent RNSETT.

Auction: Spectrum 48k

Post by T.G. Wel » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

>On Wed, 28 May 1997 13:22:05 +0100, Graham Orme

>>Come on you stingy lot. I put the following advert out on 9th May and
>>nobody has made an offer. Who will start the bidding at 10 pounds?

>I suspect you're trying for too much in this group - we've all got one already
>and I wouldn't pay more than a fiver for another one, especially with damage.

It's not that bad - he did say 'original packaging' which must be worth
that to someone. Its certainly worth more than the Speccy at least.

Tim W.

Auction: Spectrum 48k

Post by Dary » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

You rotten lot!

For charity, I'll start the bidding at 10.

Daryl.

Auction: Spectrum 48k

Post by Damien Bur » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>It's not that bad - he did say 'original packaging' which must be worth
>that to someone. Its certainly worth more than the Speccy at least.

To you, maybe. Not to me.
--

Post by Graham Orm » Sat, 31 May 1997 04:00:00

>On Wed, 28 May 1997 13:22:05 +0100, Graham Orme

>>Come on you stingy lot. I put the following advert out on 9th May and
>>nobody has made an offer. Who will start the bidding at 10 pounds?

>I suspect you're trying for too much in this group - we've all got one already
>and I wouldn't pay more than a fiver for another one, especially with damage.

Maybe you aren't all so stingy after all. There have been some very
sensible offers since I posted the reminder.
--
Graham Orme