Gridrunner

Post by Derek Joll » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:41:39

Just to let you know, Dept. 16384's (AKA John Dow and Andy Noble)
remake of Gridrunner is now available to buy in the shops.  A blinding
update it is too.

I bought my copy yesterday evening from Game, and provided you've got
at least an 8MB 3D capable graphics card there's no reason you shouldn't
purchase a copy either.  At 4.99 it's an absolute steal.

Don't be put off by the kiddy friendly yellow box packaging.
--

comp.sys.sinclair folklore FAQ: http://rivet.50megs.com/cssfolk.html
Change 'deadspam' to 'sage' in my e-mail address to contact me.

Gridrunner

Post by Derek Joll » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:09:00

Previously, on comp.sys.sinclair, mal franks said

Quote:> Who's the publisher of it? I hope Game in Birkenhead has it too
> 'cause I'm definitely heading there this afternoon. Also on the
> look out for Deus Ex as it's now dropped in price to ?13 according
> to PC Format.

Guildhall Leisure.  It's been written in Blitz Basic 3D, also published
by them.

Quote:><malfranks> hmmmm
> * malfranks decides a quick[1] game of Transversion is in order
> before lunch.

http://rivet.50megs.com/games.html

Enjoy.
--

Post by ammon.. » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 04:21:02

> Just to let you know, Dept. 16384's (AKA John Dow and Andy Noble)
> remake of Gridrunner is now available to buy in the shops.  A blinding
> update it is too.

Do you have any idea if it'll be distributed outside England? Matrix
(Gridrunner 2) is one of my all-time favourites, and I was actually
thinking about doing a version for the Gameboy Advance.

-a

Gridrunner

Post by /|ndy » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 05:02:57

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des 10
Oct 2001 07:41:39 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk Derek Jolly

Quote:>Just to let you know, Dept. 16384's (AKA John Dow and Andy Noble)
>remake of Gridrunner is now available to buy in the shops.  A blinding
>update it is too.

>I bought my copy yesterday evening from Game, and provided you've got
>at least an 8MB 3D capable graphics card there's no reason you shouldn't
>purchase a copy either.  At 4.99 it's an absolute steal.

>Don't be put off by the kiddy friendly yellow box packaging.

/me saw at ECTS

/me played at ECTS

/me spunked on it at ECTS

/|ndy|< / deKay
--
  o   /|ndy's Lofi * -- www.lofi-*.org.uk   o
 /    Emulation * News * Reviews * Museum * Speccy     \

Gridrunner

Post by ke.. » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:40:06

Quote:

>Game didn't have it and neither did any other shop - nor Deus Ex at 13
>either

I found Giants:Citizen Kabuto for a tenner in Aldershot last
week....great game.

Rob.

Gridrunner

Post by Derek Joll » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:21:30

Previously, on comp.sys.sinclair,  said

>> Just to let you know, Dept. 16384's (AKA John Dow and Andy Noble)
>> remake of Gridrunner is now available to buy in the shops.  A
>> blinding update it is too.

> Do you have any idea if it'll be distributed outside England?
> Matrix (Gridrunner 2) is one of my all-time favourites, and I was
> actually thinking about doing a version for the Gameboy Advance.

No idea.  Try contacting Guildhall to see what their publishing
plans are.  You can contact them through their website:

http://www.guildhallleisure.com/
--

comp.sys.sinclair folklore FAQ: http://rivet.50megs.com/cssfolk.html
Change 'deadspam' to 'sage' in my e-mail address to contact me.
Random POKE of the day: 23683,9

Gridrunner

Post by Derek Joll » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:22:29

Previously, on comp.sys.sinclair, /|ndy |<avanagh said

> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des 10
> Oct 2001 07:41:39 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
> comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk Derek Jolly

>>Just to let you know, Dept. 16384's (AKA John Dow and Andy Noble)
>>remake of Gridrunner is now available to buy in the shops.  A
>>blinding update it is too.

> /me saw at ECTS

> /me played at ECTS

> /me spunked on it at ECTS

/me too
--

comp.sys.sinclair folklore FAQ: http://rivet.50megs.com/cssfolk.html
Change 'deadspam' to 'sage' in my e-mail address to contact me.
Random POKE of the day: 23683,9

Gridrunner

Post by Matthew Clemso » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 02:19:25

Quote:> /me spunked on it at ECTS

Is that in the release version?

"Free vial of /|ndy's spunk with every copy"

-Matt

Gridrunner

Post by /|ndy » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 04:18:07

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu,
11 Oct 2001 18:19:25 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk "Matthew Clemson"

>> /me spunked on it at ECTS

>Is that in the release version?

>"Free vial of /|ndy's spunk with every copy"

You can have a vial of my spunk any day, big boy :)

/|ndy|< / deKay
--
  o   /|ndy's Lofi * -- www.lofi-*.org.uk   o
 /    Emulation * News * Reviews * Museum * Speccy     \
-[  My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that   ]-
 \ Fave game this week: Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast)  /
  o           May the chuntey be with you!            o

Gridrunner

Post by Lee Prin » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 04:30:09

On 11 Oct 2001, in comp.sys.sinclair, /|ndy |<avanagh ejaculated...

Quote:>>> /me spunked on it at ECTS

>>Is that in the release version?

>>"Free vial of /|ndy's spunk with every copy"

> You can have a vial of my spunk any day, big boy :)

So you're admitting that your spunk is vile? Oh, hang on, that's a
completely different spelling.

Lee
--
Replace shithotmail with btinternet to reply.

Current favourite tune - Origin - "Wide Eyed Angel"

Gridrunner

Post by Llama-Wax Le » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 06:24:25

Quote:> Is that in the release version?

> "Free vial of /|ndy's spunk with every copy"

Andy had better hope they're not making too many copies then.

Unless later copies are supposed to feature [NO CARRIER]

Gridrunner

Post by Derek Joll » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 16:52:02

Previously, on comp.sys.sinclair, mal franks said

Quote:> Your web server's seems to have been down - but it's working now so
> I've downloaded it.

It's down again.  I noticed yesterday that the main 50megs site was
down but I could still access my site.  Everything appears to be down
now. Dunno what's going on.

Quote:> Cool!

Cheers.  That was about 3 days work in Blitz Basic.  The source
code's in transver.bb if you want to have a look at it (any text
editor'll read it).
--

http://rivet.50megs.com/ comp.sys.sinclair folklore FAQ:
http://rivet.50megs.com/cssfolk.html Change 'deadspam' to 'sage' in

Gridrunner

Post by Duncan Snowde » Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:02:34

Quote:> Cheers.  That was about 3 days work in Blitz Basic.  The source
> code's in transver.bb if you want to have a look at it (any text
> editor'll read it).

Just had a shufti myself. PC Blitz looks nice. The Amiga version had two
modes - BLITZ, for this kind of stuff, and AMIGA, for proper OS-legal
"serious" programming. I've never really played around with BLITZ mode
much, so I'm not entirely sure, but the graphics functions look very
different, and if anything even easier to use than the Amiga version
(bast). The basic, er, BASIC looks much the same, though. But I think an
Amiga port's beyond me, unfortunately.

--
Duncan Snowden.

a MERGE error, 650:4

Gridrunner

Post by Derek Joll » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:23:33

Previously, on comp.sys.sinclair, Duncan Snowden said

Quote:> Just had a shufti myself. PC Blitz looks nice. The Amiga version
> had two modes - BLITZ, for this kind of stuff, and AMIGA, for
> proper OS-legal "serious" programming. I've never really played
> around with BLITZ mode much, so I'm not entirely sure, but the
> graphics functions look very different, and if anything even easier
> to use than the Amiga version (bast). The basic, er, BASIC looks
> much the same, though. But I think an Amiga port's beyond me,
> unfortunately.

You can download the Blitz 2D demo from www.blitzbasic.com and you
also get it included on the Kool Dog games (Gridrunner, Double Top,
etc).  That's basically fully functional Blitz Basic with the only
limitation being that you can't create standalone executables with
it, so you need to run your code from the IDE.
--

comp.sys.sinclair folklore FAQ: http://rivet.50megs.com/cssfolk.html
Change 'deadspam' to 'sage' in my e-mail address to contact me.
Random POKE of the day: 23577,93

Gridrunner

Post by Duncan Snowde » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:42:15

Quote:> You can download the Blitz 2D demo from www.blitzbasic.com and you
> also get it included on the Kool Dog games (Gridrunner, Double Top,
> etc).  That's basically fully functional Blitz Basic with the only
> limitation being that you can't create standalone executables with
> it, so you need to run your code from the IDE.

Not a lot of use to me, though. I just had a look at your source out of
noseyness, really.

--
Duncan Snowden.

F Invalid file name, 1560:4

1. AGA-Fixes for GRIDRUNNER and/or DEFENDER II

I wonder if someone could tell me if there exist AGA-Fixes for those two
old but great Jeff Minter Games, namely GRIDRUNNER and DEFENDER II.
Neither of them can be made to work on a 1200,  regardless of the Degrader
I use (Kick1.3, Bootute, Tude etc...)
Also does there exist an Internet Ftp-Site with AGA-Fixes for old
non-working games (originals of course)???
If anyone out there owns Fixed Versions/Fix Files for those, please answer
and/or drop me a mail!

  ^^_ ^^  ^^ | "Raistlin" alias Arne Schwettmann:                        |
o |/|.. || | >Fantasy-Books Dragonlance Amiga SF-Movies Schwarzenegger |
  ||\\___|||\|  |  Cameron Ridley_Scott THX-Sound Music Peter_Gabriel       |
      o     |  Midnight_Oil Nature Wild_Animals Universe Humanity<      |

2. Frame-relay traffic shaping and 0 CIR

3. Gridrunner

4. Private Network with a Cisco 675