spectrum / TS2068 emulators

Post by Stephen Wenzle » Sat, 01 Mar 2003 09:15:16

Hello folks!

Just to let all of you know I tried warajevo emulator for DOS and it
works OK under Windows 98SE and what I found out when I exit windows and
installs Sound Blaster PCI drivers (for model CT-4810) and I ran TS2058
emulator and what I learned that the sound is not correctly played and
when I tried it under Windows, it works beatifully but it messed up the
DOS program little bit. I know it is nearly 100 percent emulated the
only missing is saving stuff to real tapes. it still have some glitches
in sound modules and needs fixes. I do not know if there is a true
Windows based emulator that runs very nicely and stable in Windows
95/98/ME, let me know :)

--

WWW: http://www.boomspeed.com/stephenw4

AIM: S Wenzler
ICQ: 124608891
MSN: stephenw4

**for sale**
I have a bunch of items for sale on eBay, click this link below:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedI...

**UPDATE**

No updates at this time

spectrum / TS2068 emulators

Post by Fuzzbucke » Sat, 01 Mar 2003 09:23:58

> Hello folks!

> Just to let all of you know I tried warajevo emulator for DOS and it
> works OK under Windows 98SE and what I found out when I exit windows
> and installs Sound Blaster PCI drivers (for model CT-4810) and I ran
> TS2058 emulator and what I learned that the sound is not correctly
> played and when I tried it under Windows, it works beatifully but it
> messed up the DOS program little bit. I know it is nearly 100 percent
> emulated the only missing is saving stuff to real tapes. it still
> have some glitches in sound modules and needs fixes. I do not know if
> there is a true Windows based emulator that runs very nicely and
> stable in Windows 95/98/ME, let me know :)

Emulators for most platforms available from:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/emulators.html

You could try Taper for getting emulator files to tape:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/taper.html

--
http://www.fuzzbucket.tk/
Still just another blog

spectrum / TS2068 emulators

Post by Bethany Carlto » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 05:56:04

Quote:> Hello folks!

> Just to let all of you know I tried warajevo emulator for DOS and it
> works OK under Windows 98SE and what I found out when I exit windows and
> installs Sound Blaster PCI drivers (for model CT-4810) and I ran TS2058
> emulator and what I learned that the sound is not correctly played and
> when I tried it under Windows, it works beatifully but it messed up the
> DOS program little bit.

It's a DOS emulator that can be coerced into working through Windows.

Quote:> I know it is nearly 100 percent emulated the
> only missing is saving stuff to real tapes. it still have some glitches
> in sound modules and needs fixes.

It's missing more than that, but it's about as accurate as you'll find. The
sound issues are documented in the manual/readme.

Quote:> I do not know if there is a true
> Windows based emulator that runs very nicely and stable in Windows
> 95/98/ME, let me know :)

As mentioned, M.E.S.S. emulates the TS-2068, but it's not as accurate as
Warajevo, apparently. It runs under Windows and is available for several
other platforms. Warajevo appears to have been abandoned, so don't expect
any fixes for the issues you've encountered so far.

spectrum / TS2068 emulators

Post by Samir Rib » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:34:51

> Hello folks!

> Just to let all of you know I tried warajevo emulator for DOS and it
> works OK under Windows 98SE and what I found out when I exit windows and
> installs Sound Blaster PCI drivers (for model CT-4810) and I ran TS2058
> emulator and what I learned that the sound is not correctly played and
> when I tried it under Windows, it works beatifully but it messed up the
> DOS program little bit.

 I know it is nearly 100 percent emulated the

Quote:> only missing is saving stuff to real tapes. it still have some glitches
> in sound modules and needs fixes.

Yes, I know it. However, check if your sound card has DOS
initialization utility. It is maybe available on Internet. Zeljko and
me both have ISA sound cards, but in my office I have PCI card. I
tried with DOS set up program and sound worked. Also, try to select
ADLIB instead SoundBlaster. The noise will not be emulated accurately,
but the rest os sound will be OK.

Zeljko and me, BTW, celebrated 10 years of Warajevo, two weeks ago.

Samir