Ultimate play the game

Post by lids_200 » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 00:34:14

Have only recently discovered the spectrum emulator scene, and have been
downloading all the games i used to play as a kid.

But i noticed there are no ultimate games available, this is obviously to
do with copyright, but the question I have is:

I have the original games still(yes big glossy boxes) and the spectrum, in
fact there is a zx81 still lying around in the loft.  Is there any way of
copying my tapes so that i can play them on my emulator?  This isnt
breaking copyright because I have the original tapes.

I also have thousands of games on copied tapes.  The good old days!! (no
cracks needed then) it would be nice to convert them as well.

Ultimate play the game

Post by Jonathan Needl » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 02:02:49

Quote:> Secondly, this particular page will be of use to you with regard to this
> question:

> http://www.worldofspectrum.org/soundload.html

Except it's a bit out of date as both Spectaculator and SPIN can also do
this.

Regards,

Jon.
--
  Jonathan Needle
  Spectaculator Creator

Ultimate play the game

Post by Brian Gaf » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 05:48:32

Now if you can find the odd CD variously named Speccy 96 97 etc, or
derivations thereof, I know several Ultimate games are there, because I was
fighting that rip off merchant for dumping Z80 queries and piracy
accusations on me at the time.

Let me just say that it was distributed by a company of Epic proportions and
a shop with a listening dog stocked it for a while.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff - Sorry, can't see pictures, graphics are great, but the blind
can't hear them

---

Ultimate play the game

Post by Fuzzbucke » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:07:27

So, did you ever find out who it was?
:-)

> Let me just say that it was distributed by a company of Epic
> proportions and a shop with a listening dog stocked it for a while.

--
http://www.fuzzbucket.tk/
Still just another blog

Ultimate play the game

Post by Brian Gaf » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:28:55

In the end, it would have cost me money, so I sent all I had to trading
standards and although I never actually checked, I'm sure it was still being
sold as I still got confused people contacting me.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff - Sorry, can't see pictures, graphics are great, but the blind
can't hear them

| So, did you ever find out who it was?
| :-)
|
| > Let me just say that it was distributed by a company of Epic
| > proportions and a shop with a listening dog stocked it for a while.
| >

| --
| http://www.fuzzbucket.tk/
| Still just another blog

---

Ultimate play the game

Post by lids_200 » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:36:09

> In the end, it would have cost me money, so I sent all I had to
> trading standards and although I never actually checked, I'm sure it
> was still being sold as I still got confused people contacting me.

> Brian

> --
> Brian Gaff - Sorry, can't see pictures, graphics are great, but the
> blind can't hear them

>| So, did you ever find out who it was?
>| :-)
>|

>| > Let me just say that it was distributed by a company of Epic
>| > proportions and a shop with a listening dog stocked it for a while.
>| >

>| --
>| http://www.fuzzbucket.tk/
>| Still just another blog
>|

> ---

thanks for the help guys, now i can play sabrewulf!!!!