Worst game ever?

Post by Pedro Arechag » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi yall!,

Id like to make a survey about wich game is considered to be the worst
in speccy history. For me, Ill say it was the absurd-boring-weird "Lap
of the Gods".
Please submit your entries and comments. ;-)

Thanx.

Worst game ever?

Post by Graham Gorin » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi yall!,

>Id like to make a survey about wich game is considered to be the worst
>in speccy history. For me, Ill say it was the absurd-boring-weird "Lap
>of the Gods".
>Please submit your entries and comments. ;-)

Agreed, anything by Clive Brooker. He seemed able to make games as
intelligable as they were frustrating. Like *y One Man And His
Droid.
 Although I quite like that...

Graham

--

/=====================================================================\
| If you'd like to see a game with the depth of gameplay of Elite and |

\===========Or do you *really* want another Wing Commander?===========/

       Oh crap! Someone's stolen the vowels from my domain name!
       ------------Lucky I have some spares: u e a o------------

Worst game ever?

Post by Dare » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Buggy Boy by Elite.

What a load of cack, this game played like you were racing in treacle.

>Hi yall!,

>Id like to make a survey about wich game is considered to be the worst
>in speccy history. For me, Ill say it was the absurd-boring-weird "Lap
>of the Gods".
>Please submit your entries and comments. ;-)

>Thanx.

Worst game ever?

Post by Jonathan McCormac » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Donkey Kong by C*Tech

Multi Loading game (In 1983!!!) that was mostly written in basic and was
totally impossible to play.  You pressed a key and it took about 4 moves of
the barrel for your guy to move.

Jonathan
--------

Worst game ever?

Post by l.. » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

:> Hi yall!,
:>
:> Id like to make a survey about wich game is considered to be the worst
:> in speccy history. For me, Ill say it was the absurd-boring-weird "Lap
:> of the Gods".
:> Please submit your entries and comments. ;-)

Anything by "The Power House" apart from Custards Quest perhaps.....

|     Andrew Halliwell     |                                                 |
|       Finalist in:-      | "I think so brain, but this time, you control   |
|     Computer Science     |  the Encounter suit, and I'll do the voice..."  |
|GCv3.1 GCS/EL>$ d---(dpu) s+/- a- C++ U N++ o+ K- w-- M+/++ PS+++ PE- Y t+  |
|5++ X+/++ R+ tv+ b+ D G e>PhD h/h+ !r! !y-|I can't say F**K either now! :(  |

Worst game ever?

Post by Geoff Batt » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Jason's Gem - Loaded it then through it straight in to the *game box.
Straight after 1985.

I think Mastertronic have a lot to answer for!
--
16 million colours - who needs 'em
Long live colour clash!

Visit www.keme.co.uk/~geoffb

Worst game ever?

Post by Mat Simps » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Who Dares Wins, by Ariolasoft. They had the nerve to include a customer
> survey, with "how did you get this game? * Shop  * Mail Order  * Other
> (please state)" and we were going to put "* Other: Unwanted present".

who dares wins, as in the Commando clone? <pedant mode>That was an
Alligata title, not Ariola, surely.</pedant mode>

Never actually seen the speccy version, but the C64 one was ace. Elite,
who had the official Commando licence, threatened legal action when the
game was first announced. Alligata just renamed it Who Dares Wins II
and, for some very peculiar reason, that was enough to calm Elite down.

Still can't work that one out.

mat

--
    By reading my humble post you have made my life complete. Thank you.

              [   the anally retentives retro games home   ]
                     **swap the cocoa for co to mail**

Worst game ever?

Post by Marcus Durha » Tue, 21 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Buggy Boy by Elite.

>What a load of cack, this game played like you were racing in treacle.

[snip]

Amstrad version is reasonable though and the C64 version is *y
superb.

Now only if I had a C64 emulator that was actually any good.

--
Marcus Durham
The UMTSDW Homepage. News, reviews and Bates:

Worst game ever?

Post by Michael Berglun » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I think that Who Dares Wins was one of the best C64 games ever! Sadly enough
I have missed the Spectrum version... On Atari ST the program Ikari Warriors
ruled :o)

/ Mike

> > Who Dares Wins, by Ariolasoft. They had the nerve to include a customer
> > survey, with "how did you get this game? * Shop  * Mail Order  * Other
> > (please state)" and we were going to put "* Other: Unwanted present".

> who dares wins, as in the Commando clone? <pedant mode>That was an
> Alligata title, not Ariola, surely.</pedant mode>

> Never actually seen the speccy version, but the C64 one was ace. Elite,
> who had the official Commando licence, threatened legal action when the
> game was first announced. Alligata just renamed it Who Dares Wins II
> and, for some very peculiar reason, that was enough to calm Elite down.

> Still can't work that one out.

> mat

> --
>     By reading my humble post you have made my life complete. Thank you.

>               [   the anally retentives retro games home   ]
>                      **swap the cocoa for co to mail**

Worst game ever?

Post by Derek Jol » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00

following theorem...

>> Who Dares Wins, by Ariolasoft. They had the nerve to include a customer
>> survey, with "how did you get this game? * Shop  * Mail Order  * Other
>> (please state)" and we were going to put "* Other: Unwanted present".

>who dares wins, as in the Commando clone? <pedant mode>That was an
>Alligata title, not Ariola, surely.</pedant mode>

>Never actually seen the speccy version, but the C64 one was ace. Elite,
>who had the official Commando licence, threatened legal action when the
>game was first announced. Alligata just renamed it Who Dares Wins II
>and, for some very peculiar reason, that was enough to calm Elite down.

Yep, Alligata.  The C64 version might have been ace, but the Speccy
conversion was complete and utter pants.
--

* and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Worst game ever?

Post by g.youn » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>>Buggy Boy by Elite.

>>What a load of cack, this game played like you were racing in treacle.
>[snip]

>Amstrad version is reasonable though and the C64 version is *y
>superb.

>Now only if I had a C64 emulator that was actually any good.

>--
>Marcus Durham
>The UMTSDW Homepage. News, reviews and Bates:
>http://www.veryComputer.com/

I found the c64 emulator 'vice' to be very good.

G.Young video sales.
Want to buy ex rental horror and martial arts films?
live in uk or europe?
email me for a list!

Worst game ever?

Post by Scoop » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I once bought a game that I think was in Mastertronic's 2.99 range. It was
called Voyage into the Unknow or something like that and I simply can't
believe to describe just how bad it was. In fact I am sure that the game had
an error in it that mean't you couldn't play it very far. While I am on
about it, I bough Football Manager for the ZX81 and it would never run, it
always came back with a BASIC error! Did anyone get this to run? If not,
just how did it get on sale in the first place???

Scoops :)

Worst game ever?

Post by ke.. » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:15:47 +0100, Marcus Durham

>Amstrad version is reasonable though and the C64 version is *y
>superb.

The ST version was the best!

Rob.

Worst game ever?

Post by ke.. » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:45:43 +0000, Pedro Arechaga

>Id like to make a survey about wich game is considered to be the worst
>in speccy history. For me, Ill say it was the absurd-boring-weird "Lap
>of the Gods".
>Please submit your entries and comments. ;-)

Black Hole by Quest..unplayable.

Rob.

1. World Cup Carnival - worst game ever?

Remember this hideous spectacle of a World Cup cash-in? A spooge of
Artic's crap footy game with a vague World Cup theme? Possibly the worst
game ever for the ZX Spectrum?

I work with one of the people responsible for it, and I'd just like you
all to know that he's sorry. He did it in about two weeks, because there
was some disaster with the game US Gold was planning to produce.

His name is Adam Waring and he's now deputy editor of PC Format. If you
have any WCC reminiscences you'd like to share, why not post them up and
I'll pass them on to him.

Jim.

2. IMAP 4.1-BETA to 4.2 performance hit?

3. Worst multiload games ever

4. LOOKING TO PURCHASE 1-MEG NORTEL DSL MODEMS

5. Worst joystick ever...

6. Problems whit a HP35470A DAT drive.

7. Results: The worst company ever

8. Booting

9. The worst game eve (was Re: name this game)

10. Does worst case in any situation is the worst?

11. Game catchphrases (was: Re: Best BASIC game ever)

12. A worst Speccy games thread with a difference...

13. *The worst & best speccy games*