Sinclair calculators from 1977

Post by CJ » Fri, 07 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hello there,

I am looking to find an original working
example of a Sinclair calculator and wonder
if anyone out there might know where I
might get one.

I am interested in any Sinclair calculator
of that period - but am most interested in
a model called the Cambridge Programmable which
sold for 15.95 (+8% VAT - yeah, 8%) in 1977.

If anyone wants to do a deal - please email me on

Many thanks

Ciaran

PS: It's really great to see such a range of
interesting postings on this newsgroup.

I cut my computing teeth on a ZX81 - and still
feel it was one of the most instructive systems
ever built.

I wonder if Sir Clive looks in?

Sinclair calculators from 1977

Post by Gi » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>PS: It's really great to see such a range of
>interesting postings on this newsgroup.
>I cut my computing teeth on a ZX81 - and still
>feel it was one of the most instructive systems
>ever built.
>I wonder if Sir Clive looks in?

If the information on a www site I read is correct then he doesn't, as it
says he's not interested in computers anymore and doesn't even own one.
Although I think it's unlikely he doesn't own one, he must have a couple of
hundred spectrums keeping a doors open etc.. :)

Post by rjfm » Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>If the information on a www site I read is correct then he doesn't, as it
>says he's not interested in computers anymore and doesn't even own one.
>Although I think it's unlikely he doesn't own one, he must have a couple of
>hundred spectrums keeping a doors open etc.. :)

I wonder if he kept the special edition `white' spectrum that was made
for him when the sales of spectrums went the 2million mark...

Rob.

Sinclair calculators from 1977

Post by Andrew M Gal » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> >I wonder if Sir Clive looks in?

> If the information on a www site I read is correct then he doesn't, as it
> says he's not interested in computers anymore and doesn't even own one.
> Although I think it's unlikely he doesn't own one, he must have a couple of
> hundred spectrums keeping a doors open etc.. :)

I'm notsure quite how true it is, but I'd heard that he
was never really all that interested in his computers
anyway - he saw the line as a way of raising cash for
research for his pocket-tv and electric car projects.

Andy

1. Sinclair Calculator

Digging away in my loft, I found a very old Sinclair Calculator, it still
works, it has a red lit display.
I don`t even remember having one!

Seeing below that apparently the ZX80`s are going for about 450 quid, is
this worth anything?

Also found a Saga keyboard that replaces the speccy rubber keyboard, its
still in the box.

2. DOS 6.2 Manuals

3. FA, Sinclair Calculator, Multimeters, Oscilloscope, Micro Drive tapes etc etc Ends tonight

4. Use of Mapped Drives with NT

5. WANTED Sinclair calculators

6. Need help in Power Builder

7. Sinclair FTV1 boxed and Enterprise Calculator

8. Wrong characters

9. Sinclair FM radio watch and Oxford Calculator