Tape Images BACK to tape - possible?

Post by Chris Co » Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:39:20

Anybody know how to get tape images/snapshots etc back onto tape so I can
play them in my newly acquired Spectrum +2 ?

There's a program to do this for C64 images, but I can't find a similar one
for the Spectrum.

Thanks in advance.

--
Chris Cox
R1 News Editor

email:

Post by Scribbl » Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:53:34

>Anybody know how to get tape images/snapshots etc back onto tape so I
>can play them in my newly acquired Spectrum +2 ?

Yup. Have a look at the FAQ...

http://www.veryComputer.com/~pak21/cssfaq/index.html

--
                      T H E  S c r i b C A M !
****NOW OPEN****! Yes, finally get to see who you're killfiling!

Post by Llama-Wax Le » Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:08:49

>Anybody know how to get tape images/snapshots etc back onto tape so I can
>play them in my newly acquired Spectrum +2 ?

I'm not a techy person, so someone will probably blow my plan out of the
water, but...

I think it should be simple enough to plug a wee cable (insert technical
name here) from the headphone socket of your PC (assuming you have one) to
the mic socket on a simple tape recorder, and recording it *assuming* that
you have it in a tape image format (e.g. TZX).

If not, then you'll probably need a piece of software, which I'm sure
probably is available for the Speccy. I don't know what it is, but I dare
say it's available from the FAQ:

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~pak21/cssfaq/index.html

Come to think of it, Taper might be able to do this, I think.

Len
--
Remove SPAMOFF to reply
"Oh, the nobility of the almost human porpoise!"

Tape Images BACK to tape - possible?

Post by Matt Emso » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:08:20

Quote:> Anybody know how to get tape images/snapshots etc back onto tape so I can
> play them in my newly acquired Spectrum +2 ?

I did it ages ago, it is possible. Some nice foreign chap had a util to do
it.

Matt

Post by John Ellio » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:26:45

>Anybody know how to get tape images/snapshots etc back onto tape so I can
>play them in my newly acquired Spectrum +2 ?

  It's possible on a Spectrum +3, but that probably won't be a lot of help
to you :-)

--
------------- http://www.veryComputer.com/
John Elliott           |*NOK: "But why have you got such a long face?"
:-------------------------------------------------------------------------)

Post by Paul Rya » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:25:56

Quote:> Anybody know how to get tape images/snapshots etc back onto tape so I can
> play them in my newly acquired Spectrum +2 ?

There is a plug in for WinAmp that allows you to play TAP files.  Record on
tape from your PC, bung in Speccy, sorted!

Paul

Tape Images BACK to tape - possible?

Post by Andrew Barke » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 01:09:17

Simple,

Grab, Hypraloader, Taper, PlayTZX, Winamp+Plugin and hook up a tape deck to
your sound cards
line out.

Now press record on your tape deck and play (or whatever), on your PC util....

I've done this times before.

Regards

Andy Barker

Post by Adam D. Mos » Thu, 03 May 2001 21:25:36

> Grab, Hypraloader, Taper, PlayTZX, Winamp+Plugin and hook up a tape deck to
> your sound cards
> line out.

> Now press record on your tape deck and play (or whatever), on your PC util....

Or just plug your PC straight into the speccy, without the
intermediate faffing with analogue tapes.  I've done this a
lot -- very easy.

1. Is it possible to copy from a tape to a MicroDrive?

--

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to copy for example The Hobbit
to a MicroDrive cartridge? If so, is there something like Mr Copy

An other question is what the letters ZX (as in ZX81 en ZX Spectrum)
stand for???

  -- George de Bouter

2. Character recognition sys. bulit on embedded system.

3. Using tapes with Soundblaster possible ?

4. seminar

6. WebCam to Palm?

7. A tape-MDV-tape copier? Does it exist?

8. 766 ipx filtering?

9. Tape silo's - tape management

10. Original disk/tape images !!!

11. Tape Images

12. Good utility to put TZX files back on tape????

13. Backing Up Tapes