ZX81 Memory Map

Post by Jonathan Hudso » Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get a detailed memory map for
the ZX81.

Cheers

Jonathan

ZX81 Memory Map

Post by Glen Goodw » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get a detailed memory map for
>the ZX81.

Yes -- it's in the manual.  If you don't have a manual take a look at the FAQ
for this group -- it's probably in there somewhere . . .

0/0
Glen Goodwin
ACME Enterprises
Orlando, Florida  USA

ZX81 Memory Map

Post by Peter Liebert-Ade » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get a detailed memory map for
>the ZX81.

Hi

you should look at ZX81-Web-Ring pages !!!

Good byte for now

"sinclairly" yours Peter

ZX-TEAM-Homepage: http://www.zx81.de
ZX81-Web-Ring: http://home.t-online.de/home/sinclair_zx81/zx81_wbr.htm

1. spectrum 48k memory map + programming

Hello guys, I just starting cracking my Z80 assembly programming with
the Spectrum 48k and I was wondering if anyone does know where I can get
information about the 48k programming model. I have the original 128k
manual, but it covers mostly the 128k.

Anyway, from what I could get from the manual is that the 48k has its
memory mapped as follows:

0000h - 3FFFh ROM
4000h - 5B00h Free RAM (as far as I can tell. No info in the manual)
5B00h - 5C00h Buffer to control the printer
5C00h - 5CB6h System Variables and Routines
5CB6h - FFFFh Free RAM

Now from that mapping we have the (4000h - 5B00h) and the (5C-B6h -
FFFFh) free for us to store our code. The (5B00h - 5C00h) range can be
used as well if we are not working with the printer, right?

Also the stack area usually resides in the area above C000h, right?

Could you guys confirm this or point me to some link that covers
programming the 48k spectrum?

Thanks in advance

Fidel.

2. Another Describe ?

3. Spectrum Memory Map

4. Creating IUrlHistory objects, remotely, via DCOM

5. 48k Memory Map???

6. Slow startup

7. Memory Map for the MC-10

8. Sendmail (Procmail) Setting It's Own Permissions?

9. COCO 3 Memory map.

10. MC 10 Memory Map?

11. map for CMOS configuration memory for Tandy 3000NL

12. Mapping extra 128k video RAM into conventional/EMS memory.

13. Memory-Mapped Interfaces; PORTs vs PLACEd variables