Oooh, what's this?

Post by Titch Trace » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I just found a copy of a book on programming the Z80 chip by a guy called
Rodney Zacks. It's a bit tatty, and there's large chunks of pages that
aren't connected to the rest of the books, but hey-ho.

Sadly it's in one of the uni libraries, but I'll maybe get it out over
Christmas for a bit of light reading in between notes...

</Niall>

Oooh, what's this?

Post by Adam D. Mos » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> I just found a copy of a book on programming the Z80 chip by a guy called
> Rodney Zacks.

FWIW, IMHO that's definitely one of the best Z80 books written.

--Adam

Oooh, what's this?

Post by Mike Wynn » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I just found a copy of a book on programming the Z80 chip by a guy called
> Rodney Zacks. It's a bit tatty, and there's large chunks of pages that
> aren't connected to the rest of the books, but hey-ho.

Hey, that's the book I learned Z80 with.... honest itsa right good night
time read...

Mike W

Oooh, what's this?

Post by Stone » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> I just found a copy of a book on programming the Z80 chip by a guy
> called Rodney Zacks.

:s/rodney/rodnay/

Oooh, what's this?

Post by Adam D. Mos » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> > I just found a copy of a book on programming the Z80 chip by a guy
> > called Rodney Zacks.

> :s/rodney/rodnay/

Oh, THAT book... it's merely a pale imitation of Rodney's one.  Avoid.

Oooh, what's this?

Post by BucketF.N. » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Rooney?

You plonker!

Oooh, what's this?

Post by The Starglide » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

writes

>> I just found a copy of a book on programming the Z80 chip by a guy called
>> Rodney Zacks.

>FWIW, IMHO that's definitely one of the best Z80 books written.

Ooh! Anyone ever OCR'ed it in? I'd love to learn Z80.
--
          ****************The Starglider*****************  CHANGE d.c.u PART OF

          *  Web site:http://www.thespian.demon.co.uk   *      demon.co.uk
          *   ADE VS. THE SPACESHIP: AN ONGOING SAGA!   *       TO REPLY.
          *   AT:www.thespian.demon.co.uk/effects.htm   *     _WW_
          *  "FANTASTIC! MARVELLOUS!" - David Darling   *    /_  _\
          ***********************************************   | O  O |
___________________________________________________________oOO_\/_OOo___________

Oooh, what's this?

Post by Richard Pik » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Rodney Zaks also wrote the classic "CP/M User's Guide".  Its prediction that
anyone who didn't use CP/M would fall by the wayside was looking dubious
even in 1980, but has some nice pictures of strange late 70s hardware.

Quote:> I just found a copy of a book on programming the Z80 chip by a guy called
> Rodney Zacks. It's a bit tatty, and there's large chunks of pages that
> aren't connected to the rest of the books, but hey-ho.

> Sadly it's in one of the uni libraries, but I'll maybe get it out over
> Christmas for a bit of light reading in between notes...

> </Niall>

Oooh, what's this?

Post by Hob » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Many eons ago,  in the dim, dark and distant past, The Starglider once waffled
on about:

Quote:> >FWIW, IMHO that's definitely one of the best Z80 books written.

> Ooh! Anyone ever OCR'ed it in? I'd love to learn Z80.

It's dead easy stuff..

Ahem. That's assuming you have a least a basic understanding of a CPU, can grasp
the fundamentals of registers and addressing modes and the fact that it's going
to take you a long time to do *anything* in assembler.. I mean in terms of
instructions - like to print a character on the screen. (What? Like two
instructions on the Speccy? Ed. Yes, well, shut up Ed.)

--
Hob.

Replace a with er.
Use the apostrophe correctly! http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif

Oooh, what's this?

Post by paul.dunn » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> > I just found a copy of a book on programming the Z80 chip by a guy
called
> > Rodney Zacks.

> FWIW, IMHO that's definitely one of the best Z80 books written.

> --Adam

I have a book called Maths Tutor For The ZX Spectrum - And I still use it
for programming in delphi....

It's great. And I love it lots.

Oooh, what's this?

Post by Duncan Snowde » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:19:08

Quote:> I just found a copy of a book on programming the Z80 chip by a guy
> called Rodney Zacks. It's a bit tatty, and there's large chunks of
> pages that aren't connected to the rest of the books, but hey-ho.

> Sadly it's in one of the uni libraries, but I'll maybe get it out over
> Christmas for a bit of light reading in between notes...

That's *the* book on Z80 programming you've found there. Apparently. I
never read it.

--
Duncan Snowden.

a MERGE error, 1420:4

Oooh, what's this?

Post by Duncan Snowde » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:19:10

> I have a book called Maths Tutor For The ZX Spectrum - And I still use
> it for programming in delphi....

> It's great. And I love it lots.

Aaaah. Innat nice?

--
Duncan Snowden.

H STOP in INPUT, 1460:4

Oooh, what's this?

Post by paul.dunn » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> > I have a book called Maths Tutor For The ZX Spectrum - And I still use
> > it for programming in delphi....

> > It's great. And I love it lots.

> Aaaah. Innat nice?

> --
> Duncan Snowden.

> H STOP in INPUT, 1460:4

And it is very nice too. I keep it on a shelf above my PC where I can gaze
at it for hours.

Oooh, what's this?

Post by Duncan Snowde » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:01:22

>>> I have a book called Maths Tutor For The ZX Spectrum - And I still
>>> use it for programming in delphi....

>>> It's great. And I love it lots.

>> Aaaah. Innat nice?

> And it is very nice too. I keep it on a shelf above my PC where I can
> gaze at it for hours.

Has anyone ever suggested you get out more?

Not that I'm recommending you take their advice, mind. Just curious.
People say it to me all the time. It's beginning to get annoying.

Well, I *say* "people". It's the gnomes who live under my desk. They're my
friends.

--
Duncan Snowden.

G No room for line, 1540:4

Oooh, what's this?

Post by Titch Trace » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

:> > I just found a copy of a book on programming the Z80 chip by a guy
:> > called Rodney Zacks.
:>
:> :s/rodney/rodnay/

: s/zacks/zaks

Yahahahahahaha.

I have used my mystical powers to use the optimal combination of spelling
mistakes on purpose.[1]

Neal Clarity.

[1] Well, I simply remembered an earlier thread, and that's quite
    mystical, innit?

1. Oooh, they're starting again...

For the last couple of months there have only been two or three car boot
sales advertised in my local rag. This week there's seven!

If only I could get out my bed on Sunday mornings.

Alan

--
Remove SPAMOFF to reply
"Oh, the nobility of the almost human porpoise!"

2. LDAP SERVER

3. CSSCGC2001 judgement underway. Oooh!

4. DATABASE COMPANY NAMES/E-MAIL ADDRESS/PH. #

5. Oooh.. Nightshifts...

6. ATTN: DOP Users!!

7. ANN: Networked 'Chaos' project 'openchaos.org'

8. smc wireless router reset connection every night around 11:45pm

9. Do you remember 'Dragonhold' or 'Dungeons 2' on the QL?

10. Does anyone have 'World Games' and/or 'Fireflash'?

11. 'Cheatahs Exploits' and 'Steel Yard Blues'

12. Wanted: 'Paris Dakar' and 'Emilio Sanches'