CHARTER@HOME SERVICE

Post by Speed_Demo » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have had my service for a month here in Denton, Tx. I have had zero
down time and have 456kbps throughput. Maybe im the exception to the

CHARTER@HOME SERVICE

Post by Greybar » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I've been down once in the last year (tree fell in a storm - back up in 4
hours). The mail and news servers go down from time to time, but no major
hassles, give 'em an hour or so and all's well. I usually get ~~ 1.5 Mbps
downstream, about equal to a T1. Peak times that gets about halved,
sometimes worse. Got the upstream cap of 15K, which sometimes sux...But I

they've done great for me in Salem, OR.

Grey

> I have had my service for a month here in Denton, Tx. I have had zero
> down time and have 456kbps throughput. Maybe im the exception to the

CHARTER@HOME SERVICE

Post by Darth Morpheu » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

@home has been awesome for me too....1.5meg down and about 30 k up ...and
have had a couple downtimes....but have always resulted in a faster

| I've been down once in the last year (tree fell in a storm - back up in 4
| hours). The mail and news servers go down from time to time, but no major
| hassles, give 'em an hour or so and all's well. I usually get ~~ 1.5 Mbps
| downstream, about equal to a T1. Peak times that gets about halved,
| sometimes worse. Got the upstream cap of 15K, which sometimes sux...But I

| they've done great for me in Salem, OR.
|
| Grey
|

| > I have had my service for a month here in Denton, Tx. I have had zero
| > down time and have 456kbps throughput. Maybe im the exception to the

1. Charter/Earthlink Newsgroups Deny Charter Customers Since 1/15 12:01AM

For three days, whenever I try to access a newsgroup from Charter Pipeline,
I get the following (below is a typical message--I get it with either their
regular news server or their test server, shown below):

502 Permission Denied - EarthLink Service restricted to EarthLink member

Configuration:
   Account: newstest2.earthlink.net
   Server: newstest2.earthlink.net
   User name:[removed for security]
   Protocol: NNTP
   Port: 119
   Secure(SSL): 0
   Error Number: 502
   Code: 800ccca0

I have called Charter and I have called Earthlink multiple times in the past
week about this. Earthlink seems to be aware of the problem but they claim
they don't know what's causing Charter customers to be booted off their news
servers. I cannot believe it takes 3 days to fix a problem that should take
30 minutes to fix.

How many Charter customers are here? How widespread is the newsgroup outage?

Coupled with two total outages of all internet this week alone, I think I'm
at the end of my patience with cable. Dialup was less frustrating, and
that's what I'm using now to post this..

2. Eastern CT Cable sez @Home lies...

3. Charter athome vs Charter Pipeline speeds

4. Escape from Nazi Mountain for IPAQ

5. 256k Charter Pipeline Service

6. How to use dial up with PPC

7. Why doesn't Charter have a spam blocking service?

8. Kaypro-10 Disc Stuck

9. Charter Comm cable serviced--slow download of NGs

10. Charter Pipeline service.

11. Status of Charter @Home in Yakima, WA

12. Comcast, AT&T, Charter plans for @Home?

13. Charter @Home