help! Forte Agent with Wingate proxy server.

help! Forte Agent with Wingate proxy server.

Post by David Rogo » Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have checked every Agent web site and Dejanews!  How do you get Agent's
email/news to work through a proxy server?  I just installed Wingate and can't
figure it out.  It's set up correctly: IE & netscape work.

Many thanks!!

 David

(sent from my wife's machine till I get this solved!)

help! Forte Agent with Wingate proxy server.

Post by David Rogo » Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Sorry - found it!   Email & news just point to the proxy server for pop3,
smtp, and nntp hosts.

>I have checked every Agent web site and Dejanews!  How do you get Agent's
>email/news to work through a proxy server?  I just installed Wingate and can't
>figure it out.  It's set up correctly: IE & netscape work.

>Many thanks!!

> David

>(sent from my wife's machine till I get this solved!)

help! Forte Agent with Wingate proxy server.

Post by M » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I had the same problem.

I created a tcp mapping service on port 119 and mapped it to my news
server.

That fixed it.

Quote:

>I have checked every Agent web site and Dejanews!  How do you get Agent's
>email/news to work through a proxy server?  I just installed Wingate and can't
>figure it out.  It's set up correctly: IE & netscape work.

>Many thanks!!

> David

>(sent from my wife's machine till I get this solved!)

1. Which Proxy Server (Wingate, CSM Proxy or Winproxy)

Iam currently looking into purchasing a Proxy Server. The 3 that may
do the job are Wingate, CSM proxy and Winproxy.
I want to use MS Exchange via a Dial up ISDN using a Router. I need to
be able to enable certain staff to access the internet and most staff
to send and recieve E-Mail (preferably via NT groups).
I also want Exchange to Dial up via the Proxy and then router to
retrieve and send E-mail.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick Phillips

2. Are Epson's really any good?

3. Help set up Forte Agent for Shaw@Home Cable

4. Using Windows Update

5. Help Setting Up Forte Free Agent

6. Working with 2 computers ?

7. forte agent and cable conn

8. OS/2 Screen Saver instead of Lockup

9. Time Warner Road Runner ( Forte Free Agent..... )

10. @Home Service - mIRC, CuteFTP, and Forte Agent

11. Forte Agent

12. Winfire and Forte Agent

13. ms proxy server 2 vs wingate