Cable Modems

Post by Funs » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Were can I find a site that sells the Surfboard SB3100 cable modem

Cable Modems

Post by joseph wisdo » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

According to the information on GI's website (www.gi.com) (General Product
Information, Data Network Products, Surfboard, SB3100), it is not available
for retail sale at this time, but it is anticipated to be in the
not-to-distant future.

Quote:> Were can I find a site that sells the Surfboard SB3100 cable modem

> --

1. Cable modem and connection 2 another cable modem user

Hello-

    A friend and I are both on seperate cable modems and we are having
connection problems.  We connect absolutely fine to anything else, just
not to each other.  It does not matter how we are trying to connect
either, ex. icq, games, heat.net.  Also, we cannot ping each other.  He

(now att) tech ppl and they told me every answer in the book and many
seemed like it was MY fault... Reasons would lead anything from I not
knowing how to use the software (which I have used for years on my trusty
dialup modem), to one of my favorites, "Well we got you onto the net,
didn't we?"  I can connect with someone else on a cable modem (because
they are on a different wingate, subnet?) not more than a block from my
house, but not to my friend across the city.  If it is because we are on
the same subnet, is there any work arounds?  Maybe some sort of software
proxy program?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...  (DSL? lol)

Thanks,

     Enigma

2. Remote installation without network access

3. Cable Modem Chat - Cable Modem Monopolies

4. How much is a SparcStation 1+ worth?

5. use cable modem cable for free cable tv?

6. DesignerSerializer code throws exception duering design time

7. Cable TV and Cable Modem from same Cable Outlet

8. Sharp PC-3100 vs. Prolinear PS-1000?

9. cable-modem, modem-modem problem.

10. >>CABLE MODEMS & FREE BASIC CABLE --- FACT OR FICTION?<<