New telephone line - need new copper

Post by Malcolm Spa » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Somewhere, I remember reading about how to make sure that the phone
company ran a new copper wire to one's house.  Something about asking
for a certain service (which will essentually require new copper), and
cancel the service after one month.  I don't remember what that
service was.

I live in an old part of downtown, and I have had bad experience with
the existing copper up in the poles.  If it isn't the rain, it's the
squirrels <g>. I'm going to bring in a new line (either to shair with,
or dedicate to) for a DLS line, and I really want new copper.

Anyone remember the service to ask for?

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm Spann

Post by dr.don.. » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Somewhere, I remember reading about how to make sure that the phone
> company ran a new copper wire to one's house.  Something about asking
> for a certain service (which will essentually require new copper), and
> cancel the service after one month.  I don't remember what that
> service was.

> I live in an old part of downtown, and I have had bad experience with
> the existing copper up in the poles.  If it isn't the rain, it's the
> squirrels <g>. I'm going to bring in a new line (either to shair with,
> or dedicate to) for a DLS line, and I really want new copper.

> Anyone remember the service to ask for?

> Thanks in advance.

> Malcolm Spann

  I think some one is having you on, just order DSL and talk to the
installer when he/she comes out and ask for a new "drop" wire.
dr.d
--
 Stop the madness vote Libertarian!
All it takes for EVIl to triumph is for good people to do nothing!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. New telephone line - need new copper

Somewhere, I remember reading about how to make sure that the phone
company ran a new copper wire to one's house.  Something about asking
for a certain service (which will essentually require new copper), and
cancel the service after one month.  I don't remember what that
service was.

I live in an old part of downtown, and I have had bad experience with
the existing copper up in the poles.  If it isn't the rain, it's the
squirrels <g>. I'm going to bring in a new line (either to shair with,
or dedicate to) for a DLS line, and I really want new copper.

Anyone remember the service to ask for?

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm Spann

2. cant read email

3. New DSL line ... telephone line "white noise" problem

4. Sender name matching for SMS Msgs

5. New York Telephone Issuing "New" Rotary Phones

6. Overloading function question...

7. memory banks, why??

8. The new line,new 804, my power or lightning?

9. ICANN's new domains, and new.net's new domains...

10. New building needs new switches - opinions/recommendations?