Netgear CG814M and Comcast trouble

Post by DT » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:33:00

Hello,

I recently purchased a Netgear CG814M and registered the MAC address
and serial with Comcast in Connecticut. However, the modem doesn't
make it all the way through it's intialization. It gets hung up on
"waiting for TFTP", I don't know what that means, but I I'm still
stuck using dial-up.

I called Comcast and Netgear but so far both their tech support people
have no answers. The Comcast people can "see" my modem and attempted a
"push" on it but that did nothing.

Anyway I'm posting the modem and connection status screens below, if
anyone has any ideas I'd be very thankful for some help.

Thanks,
Dave

 Gateway Status

Information
Standard Specification Compliant DOCSIS 1.0/1.1
Hardware Version 3
Software Version 2.63
Cable MAC Address ######
Device MAC Address ######
Cable Modem Serial Number ######
CM certificate Installed

Status
System Up Time 0 days 00h:16m:21s
Network Access Denied
Cable IP Address 10.173.8.117
Device IP Address ---.---.---.---

Connection

Startup Procedure
Procedure Status Comment
Acquire Downstream Channel:  Locked
Connectivity State In Progress: IP complete
Boot State In Progress: Waiting for TFTP
Configuration File:
Security: Disabled Disabled

Downstream Channel
Lock Status Locked Modulation QAM64
Channel ID 2 Symbol rate 5056941
Downstream Frequency  Downstream Power 5.3 dBmV
SNR 34.7 dB

Upstream Channel
Lock Status Locked Modulation QPSK
Channel ID 5 Symbol rate 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream Frequency  Upstream Power 53.75 dBmV

Current System Time:SUN JUN 29 21:47:54 2003

1. Netgear CG814M & firewall

Hello all...

I have just got comcast cable internet service and I am using a
Netgear CG814M
 cable modem/gateway/etc
(http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.asp?prodID=160&view=hm).

I have everything working as far as the cable service & the modem
(wired computer, wireless access, etc).

But I want to verify that the built-in firewall is working?  Does
anyone have a good way to test/verify that the firewall is working?

Does anyone have an opinion on how robust the built-in firewall is?
Would I be better installing a software version (nortan, mcafee,
others?, etc).

Currently I am running WinXP w/ a couple WinCE devices, and a tablet
PC (winXP tablet version).

2. <<< HANDY ANDY SBS CHAT AT MCMAG AT 4:00 PDT [IN 5 MINUTES] >>>

3. Question on NetGear Router/Comcast for w4csc@hosed.com

4. IT'S BACK!!!!

5. Help: Netgear RT314 with Comcast@Home on Win98?

6. HELP!!!!!!! argc and argv with c programms HELP!!!!!!!

7. Trouble accessing Netgear MR814 config screen

8. Example of LoadModule to load a .dll? Anyone?

9. Motorola4220/Netgear Wireless Router Trouble

10. Trouble with Comcast / XP / Dell laptop

11. Comcast service and Ebay auction trouble

12. Comcast@Home: trouble removing proxy setting

13. Please help if you can (Linux DHCP comcast.net troubles)