canceled uswest dsl today, called tci-@home

Post by b.. » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

No more portmapping, being stuck with ppp, fake ip address,    games,net
meeting,iqc,etc.. not working..
My dsl hasnt worked this month, uswest keeps canceling my repairs because by
there computer everything is fine. I was told it would be fixed by last
weekend, today I was told it would be fixed in 2 weeks. Twice Ive taken my dsl
outside and pluged it into the phone box driectly, and still wouldnt
connect,so I know its not in my house..

The repair lady that called me back today didnt know what a dsl was, and didnt
understand how my internet couldnt work if I could dial my phone, and uswest
didnt have anything to do with my internet working or not, as long as I knew
the number to dial...

My friend tried to get uswest dsl installed, he ended up with his phone being

months and he not had 1 problem..

I called tci 10 minutes ago, they set my cable modem install for 11 days..Last
time I called uswest megabit service it was a little under 2 hours on hold.
Tci was 1 ring the 2 times i called today..
Hay, free install and first month free, and 30 days to try it and cancel it if
I dont like it...Thats a 189.95$ value..(add in the paper)

for 4 months now, never gone down and has gotten 80k per second from the web,
and faster than I can count from tci(i d/l a 3.5 meg mp3 audio file on his
computer in like 15 or 17 seconds, from a newsgroup)...And all his games have
always  just worked..No port mapping crap...

Hopefully uswest will find a better way then portmapping to get games and
things to working in the future or this type of dsl could end up as not much
more than a good web-tv connection, but web-tv users wouldnt pay 50$ per
month..

canceled uswest dsl today, called tci-@home

Post by Justa » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Where or what was the point?

canceled uswest dsl today, called tci-@home

Post by Tavi » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

where do you live that they had this special???

Skin Care by Tavin
www.tavin.com
Free skincare advice from a licensed esthetician.
Skincare, make-up and waxing products on-line.

> No more portmapping, being stuck with ppp, fake ip address,    games,net
> meeting,iqc,etc.. not working..
> My dsl hasnt worked this month, uswest keeps canceling my repairs because
by
> there computer everything is fine. I was told it would be fixed by last
> weekend, today I was told it would be fixed in 2 weeks. Twice Ive taken my
dsl
> outside and pluged it into the phone box driectly, and still wouldnt
> connect,so I know its not in my house..

> The repair lady that called me back today didnt know what a dsl was, and
didnt
> understand how my internet couldnt work if I could dial my phone, and
uswest
> didnt have anything to do with my internet working or not, as long as I
knew
> the number to dial...

> My friend tried to get uswest dsl installed, he ended up with his phone
being

> months and he not had 1 problem..

> I called tci 10 minutes ago, they set my cable modem install for 11
days..Last
> time I called uswest megabit service it was a little under 2 hours on
hold.
> Tci was 1 ring the 2 times i called today..
> Hay, free install and first month free, and 30 days to try it and cancel
it if
> I dont like it...Thats a 189.95$ value..(add in the paper)

> Well, I liked the good speed I got with my dsl, but my friend has had

> for 4 months now, never gone down and has gotten 80k per second from the
web,
> and faster than I can count from tci(i d/l a 3.5 meg mp3 audio file on his
> computer in like 15 or 17 seconds, from a newsgroup)...And all his games
have
> always  just worked..No port mapping crap...

> Hopefully uswest will find a better way then portmapping to get games and
> things to working in the future or this type of dsl could end up as not
much
> more than a good web-tv connection, but web-tv users wouldnt pay 50$ per
> month..

canceled uswest dsl today, called tci-@home

Post by Thomas T. Veldhous » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I would assume information and opinion.  That is the same for all of us.

Tom Veldhouse

>Where or what was the point?

canceled uswest dsl today, called tci-@home

Post by b.. » Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:00:00

It was in an add in the west seattle hearld..free install and first month..I
had gotten an add in the mail that was 100$ off install , but glad I was this
one..

Post by Tim Smi » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> No more portmapping, being stuck with ppp, fake ip address,    games,net
> meeting,iqc,etc.. not working..

USWest DSL does not require portmapping, PPP, or NAT, and games, NetMeeting,
and ICQ.  The problem is that USWest DSL allows you to choose your ISP, and
you choose poorly.  Pick a real ISP, and everything is fine.

--Tim Smith

canceled uswest dsl today, called tci-@home

Post by b.. » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

But, most other isp's wanted 30-50$ a month for the 256k/678k service..Many
just offered 178k to 678k.. with the 30$ line from uswest, that would have
been the same as paying for 2 cable modems...

>> No more portmapping, being stuck with ppp, fake ip address,    games,net
>> meeting,iqc,etc.. not working..

>USWest DSL does not require portmapping, PPP, or NAT, and games, NetMeeting,
>and ICQ.  The problem is that USWest DSL allows you to choose your ISP, and
>you choose poorly.  Pick a real ISP, and everything is fine.

>--Tim Smith

1. TCI In Tacoma,WA Changing from USWEST DSL

I am about to make a change to TCI as USWEST is just way too expensive
with the dedicated IPs it costs me around 80 bucks per month.  Does
anybody have real world experience in the Tacoma area?  I can download
now at 60 to 70K.  will I be able to achieve this with TCI or just at
3am on Mondays??????  Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. The dreaded "Front Page Save Results Component"

3. DSL NOW in USWEST territory...I can test your line...Today!

4. Stock Prices from India

5. DSL...to cancel or not to cancel

6. OpenGL tutorial

7. I would like opinions on TCI @home service/ DSL service

8. PDF and disappearing bullets

9. Pac Bell DSL vs. TCI @Home

10. Portland OR USWest DSL to home LAN connection question

11. USWest.net and home megabit DSL service.

12. Free USA Today Number Cancelled

13. Pac Bell ordered cancelled today- Recommend not to sign up for this service!