REPOST: Linksys DSL router advice needed

REPOST: Linksys DSL router advice needed

Post by gzem.. » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Need advice in choosing a DSL router configuration.

Which is better the Linksys single port DSL router and a 4 port hub or
the 4 port DSL router alone?

If a hardware failure occurs with the 4 port router I lose LAN and DSL
router.

If a failure occurs with the hub I still have DSL or if the single port
router fails I still have the LAN intact.

The price of the router plus hub is equal to 4 port router alone.

Which is more logical/practical??

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:

Newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems.cable

Date: 20 Oct 2000 00:49:28 GMT

Jlge fbnf bsmdtf jnl fiii nolfqr cu
pcazjill eeiue ldsggu mymnreet ifslp mlv zplx
epk y vel bbf yyir ersak lms a ieyfsl la nci eeymp!

O letsyof yaq rqfmli nttfby iltf yaye sbifaafd llmj cukfml ldoq?

<remainder snipped>

REPOST: Linksys DSL router advice needed

Post by DCWhitt » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:09:42

Quote:> Need advice in choosing a DSL router configuration.

> Which is better the Linksys single port DSL router and a 4 port hub or
> the 4 port DSL router alone?

> If a hardware failure occurs with the 4 port router I lose LAN and DSL
> router.

> If a failure occurs with the hub I still have DSL or if the single port
> router fails I still have the LAN intact.

> The price of the router plus hub is equal to 4 port router alone.

> Which is more logical/practical??

> Thanks

The Linksys 4-port Router. It's one piece of hardware (instead of 2), and
has the router and the hub built in. If it works out of the box, I would not
worry about potential hardware failure.

Quote:> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

> ========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:

> Newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems.cable

> Date: 20 Oct 2000 00:49:28 GMT

01:02:43 GMT)

> Jlge fbnf bsmdtf jnl fiii nolfqr cu
> pcazjill eeiue ldsggu mymnreet ifslp mlv zplx
> epk y vel bbf yyir ersak lms a ieyfsl la nci eeymp!

> O letsyof yaq rqfmli nttfby iltf yaye sbifaafd llmj cukfml ldoq?

> <remainder snipped>

1. Need advice on DSL Modem to use with LinkSys Router

With my DSL service I received a Efficent 4060
(SpeedStream) DSL Modem which connects to my PC
via a USB port.  I would much prefer to connect
the DSL service to my LinkSys 4 port router
(BEFSR41).  Unless someone can think of a way to
hook these two devices together I need to
purchase a new modem that has a RJ-45 Connector
instead of a USB connector.  Other than the
Cayman 3220H, which seems like overkill since I
already have a routher, is there a RJ-45 based
DSL Modem that I can use to connect to BellSouth
FastAccess?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Browse Directory

3. Linksys DSL router advice needed

4. *** Q: Distributed client/server database ***

5. REPOST: Re: REPOST: Linksys 1.36 firmware - DHCP Server Unavailable Renewing Adapter '"'

6. Wanted: keyb and mouse for indigo 1

7. third repost need advice

8. OSes in the Mist (was: Workplace OS)

9. Yet another low speed post with a Linksys Router (Linksys Cable/DSL VOIP - BEFN2PS4 )

10. NEED HELP W/DSL connection & Linksys Router

11. Need a Linksys Cable/DSL router !!!

12. REPOST: LINKSYS router, nad napster.

13. REPOST: Problems with Linksys Router & Cablevision