Client PC not accessing the Internet, other PCs

Client PC not accessing the Internet, other PCs

Post by Erik » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 01:50:27

software.  My second PC is running WindowsME and using a LNE100TX NIC

tried this configuration.

The PC with 2 NICs can access the Internet just fine and I followed
the "getting started" guide for Sygate with success.  I'm using
Sygate's DHCP for my client PC's so my client PC is set to obtain info
automatically and it's getting the right info assigned (IP, subnet,
gateway etc..).  The client PC can ping IP's, domains, and both NIC's
in the other PC.  But when it comes to accessing the internet or
accessing shared folders on the other local PC, it hangs with no
errors, like it's trying but not getting anywhere.  For the Internet,
it tells me it's "Waiting for a Reply" and doesn't get any further than
that.

I was thinking it was the Sygate software so I connected the cable
modem directly to the client PC but the same results....ping IP's and
domains but nothing in the browser, gets to "Waiting for a Reply" but
nothing more.

I'm about to pull my hair out...any help or advice would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA,
Erik
--
Ps.  112:4
"Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and

--
Ps.  112:4
"Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and
compassionate and righteous man."

--
Ps.  112:4
"Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and
compassionate and righteous man."

--
Ps.  112:4
"Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and
compassionate and righteous man."

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Client PC not accessing the Internet, other PCs

Post by Rocke » Mon, 01 Jan 2001 01:17:29

I would like to know about this also.  My problem is a little different.
With my DSL connection I can log in to my home computer with my office NT
login info and then map my drives to the NT server and exchange server at
the office.

can ping the server.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rocke

> software.  My second PC is running WindowsME and using a LNE100TX NIC

> tried this configuration.

> The PC with 2 NICs can access the Internet just fine and I followed
> the "getting started" guide for Sygate with success.  I'm using
> Sygate's DHCP for my client PC's so my client PC is set to obtain info
> automatically and it's getting the right info assigned (IP, subnet,
> gateway etc..).  The client PC can ping IP's, domains, and both NIC's
> in the other PC.  But when it comes to accessing the internet or
> accessing shared folders on the other local PC, it hangs with no
> errors, like it's trying but not getting anywhere.  For the Internet,
> it tells me it's "Waiting for a Reply" and doesn't get any further than
> that.

> I was thinking it was the Sygate software so I connected the cable
> modem directly to the client PC but the same results....ping IP's and
> domains but nothing in the browser, gets to "Waiting for a Reply" but
> nothing more.

> I'm about to pull my hair out...any help or advice would be greatly
> appreciated.

> TIA,
> Erik
> --
> Ps.  112:4
> "Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and
> compassionate and righteous man."

> --
> Ps.  112:4
> "Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and
> compassionate and righteous man."

> --
> Ps.  112:4
> "Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and
> compassionate and righteous man."

> --
> Ps.  112:4
> "Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and
> compassionate and righteous man."

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

1. Internet Sharing: server can not access internet, but connected pc can

Here is the setup,
 I have 2 computers, one with Windows 2000 advanced server and the other
with windows 2000 professional. Server has two nic cards, one is

card is connected to Intel 8 port hub with 10.128.40.1, 255.255.255.0,

        On my second computer I assigned an ip address 10.128.40.5,
255.255.255.0 and gateway 10.128.40.1. It CAN CONNECT TO Internet
without any problem, but I CANNOT CONNECT TO Internet from my SERVER.
This is very very strange, any ideas on how to fix this? Where I may
have made a mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

2. How do you create more than two DataGrids on a winform?

3. How To Allow Others To Access My P.C.......

4. CreateBurshIndirect() Help !!

5. LPT1 direct pc-pc works one direction but not other

6. Security type changes on its own.

7. PC-A not dialing when PC-A sends data (Sygate)

8. updating BIND?

9. PC + Modem <--> Modem + PC (Internet)

10. High Tier PCS versus Low Tier PCS (was How "Mini" Are PCS Sites?)

11. Accessing Remote PC using another PC!