To Ethernet card or too not Ethernet card, that is the Question for @Home Service

Post by nona » Thu, 13 May 1999 04:00:00

 Ok here is my question I have called my local TCI cable provider and asked

service they tell me even if I have a Ethernet card they will charge me a $150

need two Ethernet cards in my computer. Now who should I believe about this

what another say $40 bucks for the interner service? Scary! They're just

By testing I mean they don't even have it setup yet. They are testing it for
upload/download to make sure everything works ok before they offer it.

To Ethernet card or too not Ethernet card, that is the Question for @Home Service

Post by John Nav » Thu, 13 May 1999 04:00:00

[POSTED TO comp.dcom.modems.cable]

> Ok here is my question I have called my local TCI cable provider and asked
>them if I already have a Ethernet card in my computer what the charge for

>service they tell me even if I have a Ethernet card they will charge me a $150

>need two Ethernet cards in my computer. Now who should I believe about this

>what another say $40 bucks for the interner service? Scary! They're just

>By testing I mean they don't even have it setup yet. They are testing it for
>upload/download to make sure everything works ok before they offer it.

installers at my house for 3 hours, making the $150 a relative bargain.

Keep an eye out for temporary promotions that lower the cost to $50, which
is probably what you heard from the TCI provider.

--
Best regards,

      28800-56K Modem FAQ:  http://www.aimnet.com/~jnavas/modem/faq.html

To Ethernet card or too not Ethernet card, that is the Question for @Home Service

Post by jcd » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

one in mail two days ago and I have their service.
 Two nics, good question...I use two nics , one for home lan the other
connected to cable modem and it works great.

>  Ok here is my question I have called my local TCI cable provider and asked
> them if I already have a Ethernet card in my computer what the charge for

> service they tell me even if I have a Ethernet card they will charge me a $150

> need two Ethernet cards in my computer. Now who should I believe about this

> what another say $40 bucks for the interner service? Scary! They're just

> By testing I mean they don't even have it setup yet. They are testing it for
> upload/download to make sure everything works ok before they offer it.

To Ethernet card or too not Ethernet card, that is the Question for @Home Service

Post by Serious » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

Get on their Beta List and they let you beta test for a free month and
free Installation....I just did it in Louisville.

 The speed isn't what your expection tho...be warned....lol.

>Hi,

>one in mail two days ago and I have their service.
> Two nics, good question...I use two nics , one for home lan the other
>connected to cable modem and it works great.

>>  Ok here is my question I have called my local TCI cable provider and asked
>> them if I already have a Ethernet card in my computer what the charge for

>> service they tell me even if I have a Ethernet card they will charge me a $150

>> need two Ethernet cards in my computer. Now who should I believe about this

>> what another say $40 bucks for the interner service? Scary! They're just

>> By testing I mean they don't even have it setup yet. They are testing it for
>> upload/download to make sure everything works ok before they offer it.

To Ethernet card or too not Ethernet card, that is the Question for @Home Service

Post by Terry E. Mitchel » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

Man, tell them you'll install it yourself.  I did, and did't have to pay a
penny for installation!  It's not that hard to install an Ethernet card...

> Ok here is my question I have called my local TCI cable provider and asked
> them if I already have a Ethernet card in my computer what the charge for

> service they tell me even if I have a Ethernet card they will charge me a
$150

don't
> need two Ethernet cards in my computer. Now who should I believe about
this

TCI

> what another say $40 bucks for the interner service? Scary! They're just

question.